2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2016, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BLIS Course Details in Alagappa University

The B.L.I.S Course or the Bachelor of library and data sciences is a multi-disciplinary study concerns the different certainties of library administration.

The field of Library Sciences is a blend of different fields and each of these fields are reliant on the other. The region of study in the B.L.I.S Course incorporates the accumulation of different sorts of educational materials like books, CDs. Pamphlets, daily papers, magazines and other pointed and varying media material.

Alternate zones incorporate the administration of the material so acquired, the association of the material to make it effectively available, protection of the books and different materials from harm or rot and scattering of the assets in a manner that it gets to be valuable for the individual requiring it.

Points of interest of the Course:

Qualification:
A college degree from any University that is perceived and the college degree can be in any control. The necessity of rate relies on upon every University, in any case, a base rate of no less than 45% is generally required. Now and again, a few colleges offer the B.L.I.S Course at the undergrad level for which the qualification criteria is a go in the higher optional or the 10+2 examination.

Length of the Course:
The term of the course is normally one year made up of two semesters, notwithstanding, there are a few organizations that have broadened the Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences (B.L.I.S) Course further.

Subjects to be concentrated:
Though the rundown of subjects that must be concentrated as a rule shift as indicated by the college, a portion of the general subjects incorporate

Library administration

History of library sciences and Information Sciences

Indexing and grouping

Current Library Management Methods

Administration of Digital Libraries

The Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences Course can be embraced online the same number of open colleges lead the Course for the advantage of individuals who are keen on the same. Understudies with a testament in the B.L.I.S Course can take up the course at the Masters level moreover. Those officially working in a library can redesign their capability with Diplomas the branch of knowledge of library science.

Contact Details:

Alagappa University,
Directorate of Distance Education
Alagappa University
karaikudi
Tamil Nadu
Phone-No: 04565-229230
Fax: 04565-225216
Email: alagappadde@yahoo.co.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in