2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2017, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

BITSAT HD Syllabus

My brother wants syllabus of BITSAT HD Examination. So do you know on which website I can download syllabus of BITSAT HD Examination?
Similar Threads
Thread
BITSAT Cut Off Marks
Placement of BITSAT
BITSAT M Tech Syllabus
Bitsat msc
CD For BITSAT
BITSAT Application
BITSAT University
Likely Cut Off In Bitsat
BITSAT for PG
Bitsat hd
BITSAT Available Dates
When is BITSAT
BITSAT Fee
BITSAT PDF Download
Bitsat fd
BITSAT Boards Cut Off
BITSAT Delhi 2
BITSAT Entrance Exam Syllabus
Provide BITSAT Syllabus
BITSAT download
1st May 2017, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BITSAT HD Syllabus

Here I am providing complete syllabus of BITSAT HD Examination, so here is following syllabus:

BITSAT HD EXAM SYLLABUS - MATHEMATICS

Calculus
(i) Functions and graphs; limit and continuity; (ii) Applications of Derivatives
(iii) Applications of Definite Integrals,
(iv) Convergence of Infinite sequences and series, Maclaurin and Taylor series.
(v)Functions of several variables
(vi) Limits and Continuity in Higher Dimensions
(vii) Partial derivatives
(viii) The chain rule
(ix) Directional Derivatives and Gradient vectors
(x) Tangent planes and Normal lines
(xi) Extreme values and saddle points
(xii) Double Integrals, Triple Integrals, Line and surface Integrals,
(xiii)Conservative fields, Curl and divergence
(xiv)Theorems of Green, Gauss and Stokes.

Linear Algebra
(i)Matrix Algebra
(ii) Row reduction method
(iii) Rank and inverse of a matrix
(iv) System of linear equations, Vector space; basis and dimension; linear ransformation; range and kernel of a linear transformation
(v) Eigenvalues and eigenvectors.

Complex Variables
(i)Analytic functions, Cauchy’s theorems
(ii) Cauchy’s integral formula, Taylor Series and Laurent Series
(iii) Calculus of residues and applications.

Probability and Statistics
(i)Sample space and events, Conditional probability and independence
(ii) Random variables and probability distribution
(iii) Independent random variables
(iv) Mathematical expectation; mean and variance
(v) Geometric, Binomial, Poisson’s, Exponential, Gamma and Normal distributions; sum of independent random variables; law of large numbers; (vi) Central limit theorem, Marginal and conditional distributions
(vii) Sampling distribution, Point estimation, Statistical intervals based on a Single sample,
(viii) Tests of hypotheses based on a single sample, test for mean using normal and Students t-distribution
(ix) Correlation and linear regression.

Differential Equations
(i)First order differential equations (linear and nonlinear), higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficient, method of variation of parameters
(ii) Cauchy-Euler’s equation, Fourier Series, Laplace Transform, Initial and boundary value problems, Partial differential equations,
(iii) Method of separation of variables.

Numerical Methods
(i)Solution of nonlinear algebraic equations: Newton’s method, Secant method, Fixed point iteration method, method of false position
(ii) Solution of system of linear equations: Direct methods & Iterative methods,
(iii)LU decomposition, Integration by Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule

ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LOGICAL REASONING
Grammar
(i)Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
(ii)Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
(iii)Voice, Transformation
(iv)Question tags, Phrasal verbs

Vocabulary
(i)Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters
(ii)Contextual Meaning
(iii)Analogy

Reading Comprehension
(i)Content /Ideas
(ii)Vocabulary
(iii)Referents
(iv)Idioms/ Phrases
(v)Reconstruction

Composition
(i)Rearrangement
(ii)Paragraph Unity
(iii)Linkers/Connectives

Logical Reasoning

Verbal Reasoning

(i) Analogy
(ii) Classification
(iii)Series Completion
(iv)Logical Deduction
(v)Chart Logic
(vi)Pattern Perception
(vii)Figure Formation and Analysis
(vii)Paper Cutting
(viii)Figure Matrix
(ix)Rule Detection

CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Chemical Process Calculations
Units and Dimensions, Chemical Equation and Stoichiometry, Thermodynamic properties of Gases, Vapors, Liquids and Solids, Steady and unsteady state mass and energy balances, Phase Equilibria (multiphase, multicomponent), reacting and non-reacting systems. Recycle, bypass and purge calculations, Combustion Calculations

Fluid Mechanics
Fundamental Concepts and Fluid Statics, basic concept of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, head losses, velocity and pressure drop calculation. Integral and Differential Analyses for Fluid Motion, Internal and External Fluid Flow and Flow through Packed & fluidized beds, Dimensional Analysis, flow meters, pumps and compressors

Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
First and Second laws of thermodynamics.
Applications of first law to close and open systems. Second law and Entropy. Thermodynamic properties of pure substances: Equation of State and residual
properties, properties of mixtures: partial molar properties, fugacity, excess properties and activity coefficients; phase equilibria: predicting VLE of systems; chemical reaction equilibrium.

Mass Transfer
Molecular diffusion and mass transfer coefficients, Interphase mass transfer, heat and mass transfer analogies, design and operation of equipment for distillation, absorption, Adsorption, leaching, extraction, drying and adsorption, humidification, crystallization

Heat Transfer
Steady and Unsteady state heat conduction, Natural & Forced convection, Radiation, Condensation, boiling and evaporation, Heat Exchangers.

Mechanical Operations
Properties and Handling of Particulate Solids, Mechanical Separations, particle size distribution, size
reduction operation, operation of centrifuge and cyclones, filtration, agitation and mixing

Chemical Reaction Engineering
Mole balances and reactor sizing, Rate laws and stoichiometry, Isothermal reactor design for single and
multiple reactions, Analysis of laboratory reactor data, and reaction mechanisms for non-elementary reactions, Non isothermal reactor design, Heterogeneous reactors, Non Ideal reactors.

Chemical Process Technology
Inorganic chemical industries (sulphuric acid, phosphoric acid); Fertilizer industries (Ammonia, Urea,
SSP, TSP); Natural product industries (Pulp & paper, Sugar, Oils & fats); Petroleum Refining and Petrochemicals; Polymerization industries (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester synthetic fibres, PVC).

Plant Design and Economics
Principles of process economics, depreciation calculation, cost indices, rate of return, payback period,
discounted cash flow, optimization in process design and sizing of chemical engineering equipment such as evaporator, heat exchangers, multistage contactors.

Process Dynamics and Control

Dynamic process modelling, Laplace transform, transfer functions, analysis of the dynamic behaviour of chemical processes, Analysis and design aspect of feedback controllers (P, PI and PID), controller tuning,
advanced control systems, measurement of process variables; sensors, transducers and their dynamics

Last edited by Rajkumar Agarwal; 1st May 2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in