2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th May 2018, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Re: BITS Pilani practice school

Hello sir, In which year the BITS Pilani open practice school? Provide me information about BITS Pilani practice school?
29th May 2018, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BITS Pilani practice school

At BITS Pilani Practice School is an educational innovation seeking to link industry experience with university instruction.

The objectives of PS are to meet the rapidly changing needs and challenges of a professional workplace, and enable students to acquire learning by applying the knowledge and skills they possess, in unfamiliar, open-ended real life situations.

The practice school is bearing an economic relevance to society. These objectives are achieved by bringing the reality of the world of work into the process of education.

Practice School-I (PS-I) is of eight weeks duration. It is offered during the summer after the students have completed two years of course work. PS-I is primarily exposure-oriented program which is graded for five units as it is an integral part of the curriculum.

Practice School-II, of five and a half months duration, carrying twenty units credit, is operated round the year, July to December and January to June.

Login portal for BITS Pilani practice school:

PS-I Evaluation Components:

Quiz 10%
Seminar/Viva 25%
Group Discussion 10%
Project Report 30%
Observation 15%
Diary 10%

Types of professional settings:

Large Industrial Complexes
National Laboratories
R&D Institutions