2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2017, 11:42 AM
Renjini s

Re: Bharathiar University Affiliated Colleges Syllabus

Hi, I want to do BBA IN AVIATION under bharathiar university.m
25th May 2018, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus/course structure of - Allied Chemistry Paper- I offered by Affiliated Colleges of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore?
25th May 2018, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

The syllabus/course structure of - Allied Chemistry Paper- I offered by Affiliated Colleges of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore is as follows:

Unit I:
Chemical Bonding
1. Molecular orbital theory, bonding, antibonding and non-bonding orbitals. Molecular orbitals MO configuration of H2, N2, O2, F2 Bond order Diamagnetism and paramagnetism.
2 Preparation and properties, structure, preparation and uses of Borane- NaBH4, Borazole Chemistry

Unit II:
1. Industrial Chemistry
Synthesis, properties and uses of silicones Fuel gases: natural gas, water gas, semi water gas, carburetted water gas, producer gas, oil gas (manufacturing details not required)
2. Dye Chemistry
Terms: Chromophore, auxochrome, bathochromic shift, hypsochromic shift, hyperchromic effect, hypsochromic effect- Dyes: azo and triphenylmethane dyes- Preapration one example Methyl Orange, Malachite green.

Unit III:

1. Covalent bond: orbital overlap, hybridization, geometry of organic molecules- CH4,C2H4, and C2H2. Inductive effect Electrometric, mesomeric, hyperconjucative and steric effects Effect in properties of compounds
2. Stereoisomerism
Conditions of optical activity-Optical isomerism of tartaric acid, Racemisation, Resolution of racemates- Geometrical isomerism of maleic and fumaric acids

Unit V:
1. Solutions types. Liquid in Liquid Raoults law- Deviation from ideal behaviour positive deviation-Negative deviation- Fractional distillation.
2. Kinetics- Rate, order, moleculality, pseudo first order, determination of order. Effect of temperature on the rate Energy of activation

Unit V:
1. Condcutance-Types(definition only)- Ostwald dilution law - Kohlraushs law- Applications Conductometric titrations.
2. pH and its calculations- Buffers in living systems-Action of buffer solutions -. Henderson Hasselbalch Equation

Syllabus - Allied Chemistry Paper- I affiliated Colleges of Bharathiar University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in