2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd September 2014, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BDS Admission in Kolkata

As you want to make career in Dentistry, there is a admission procedure
And I will provide information about it .Firstly BDS stands for Bachelor In Dentist Surgery in which the through process to check teeth, disesases, their surgery etc.
Duration:-
This is a five year course which includes 1 year of internship and 4 years of training
Eligibility:-
10+2 or equivalent in the science stream including subjects physics, chemistry, biology.
Dental colleges list:-
1. Dr. R.Ahmed Dental College and Hospital Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Entally Kolkata, West Bengal(033) 22655771
2. Guru Nanak Institute of Dental Sciences and Research 157/F Nilganj Road Panihati
Kolkata, West Bengal
3. Gurunanak Institute of Dental Science and Research NilganjRoad, Panihati
Kolkata, West Bengl
These are rthe top dental colleges in Kolkata and their admission procedure is different from one another but the it is much same as I mentioned above
29th December 2015, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I want to get admission for BDS program in kolkata. Is there any one can provide me detail about the BDS Admission in kolkata? Which colleges are listed for BDS admission?
29th December 2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

BDS is a 5-years course which includes 1- year compulsory rotating internship program. During the above period, students shall be required to have engaged in full time study at a dental college, where he/she admitted.

BDS admission is provided in few colleges in kolkata.

Eligibility requires:

Candidate must complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to BDS Course.

Candidate must have passed qualifying examination 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized Indian board of study.

BDS specialization:

Prosthodontics
Orthodontics
Oral & maxillofacial surgery
Period ontology
Conservative & endodontics
Pedodontics
Oral pathology

Only two colleges are listed for BDS admission in Kolkata. If you want to get admission in BDS you can apply in those institutes:

Gurunanak Institue of Dental Sciences & Research
Dental College
Address: 157/F Panihati, Nilganj Road, Kolkata, West Bengal 700114
Phone:033 2583 9998

Dental College and Hospital
Hospital
Address: Sealdah, Raja Bazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700014

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in