2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th July 2012, 10:32 AM
animesh chandra

BCA 5th SEM Syllabus PTU

I am doing BCA from Punjab Technical University (PTU). I have completed my 4th Sem. Now I want to take admission in 5th Sem. So will you please give me the syllabus of 5th SEM of PTU?
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
LIC Exam Syllabus DSE AAO Syllabus
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
WBUT syllabus BBA syllabus
WBUT Ac Syllabus MBA Old Syllabus
10th July 2012, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BCA 5th SEM Syllabus PTU

You are doing BCA from PTU. You have completed 4th semester. And you are looking for 5th semester syllabus.
But here I am providing you complete syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus for BCA in PTU.pdf (662.2 KB, 210 views)
8th August 2013, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=animesh chandra;3945]I am doing BCA from Punjab Technical University (PTU). I have completed my 4th Sem. Now I want to take admission in 5th Sem. So will you please give me the syllabus of 5th SEM of PTU?[/QUOTE

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???jaldi dso
2nd December 2019, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of 5th Sem Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Program offered by Department of Academics, Punjab Technical University?
2nd December 2019, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of 5th Sem Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Program offered by Department of Academics, Punjab Technical University is as follows:

DATA WAREHOUSING & MINING

BSBC 501
Objective: The objective of this course is to get students familiar with the data mining
techniques, softwares and tools being used in Industries.

Expected Outcome: After completing this course, students will learn various tools and
techniques which are prominent from Industrial point of view.
Instructions for Paper-Setter

The question paper will consist of five sections A, B, C, D and E. Section A, B, C and D will
have two questions from the respective sections of the syllabus and will carry 10 marks each.
Section E will have 10 short answer type conceptual questions, which will cover the entire
syllabus uniformly and will carry 20 marks in all.

Instructions for Candidates
Candidates are required to attempt one question each from Sections A, B, C and D of the
question paper and the entire Section E.
Use of non-programmable scientific calculator is allowed.

Internal Assessment-40 Marks
External Assessment-60 Marks

SECTION-A
Introduction to Data Warehousing, The need for data warehousing, Operational & Informational
Data Stores, Data Ware house Characteristics, Data Warehouse role & Structure, The cost of
warehousing data.
Introduction to OLAP & OLTP, Difference between OLAP & OLTP. OLAP Operations

SECTION-B
Building a Data Warehouse, Design/Technical/Implementation Considerations, Data Preprocessing Overview. Data Summarization, Data Cleaning, Data Transformation, Concept
Hierarchy, Structure. Patterns & Models, Artificial Intelligence (Overview).
Multidimensional Data Model, Schemas for Multidimensional Data (Star Schema, Snowflake
Schema, Fact Constellation ), Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Warehouse Design, OLAP
Three-tier Architecture, Indexing & Querying in OLAP, OLAM, Efficient Methods of Cube
Computation, Discovery Driven Exploration of Data Cubes, Attributed-Oriented Induction.

SECTION -C
Association Rule Mining, Market Basket Analysis, Apriori Algorithm, Mining Multilevel
Association Rules, From Association Mining to Correlation Analysis, Constraint Based
Association Mining, Introduction to Classification, Classification by decision Tree, Attribute
Selection Measure.

Syllabus 5th Sem (BCA Department of Academics, Punjab Technical University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in