2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st September 2012, 01:33 PM
nimesh.balai

BBS Course Subjects in DU College

Tell me that Bachelor Business Studies subject is available in Delhi University please tell me about because I want to do this course so I want to know about this
Similar Threads
Thread
F.Y.B.Com Subjects
Subjects For NDA
MBA smu subjects
HR MBA Subjects
MBA OU Subjects
UGC NET Subjects
Subjects on the GRE
MAT Subjects
IT MBA subjects
USQ MBA Subjects
Hr subjects in MBA
MBA vtu subjects
What are the subjects in MBA
How Many Subjects are there in CA CPT
CA course Subjects
Subjects in BBA
Subjects in B.A LLB course
Subjects to be taken in BCA
Subjects in MCA
Why all the subjects as per UGC NET subjects applied in SLET?
9th May 2018, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Re: BBS Course Subjects in DU College

Can you provide me the syllabus/course structure of Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) Program offered by Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, a College of University of Delhi?
9th May 2018, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BBS Course Subjects in DU College

The syllabus/course structure of Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) Program offered by Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, a College of University of Delhi is as follows:

Paper No. 101: BUSINESS COMMUNICATION

Objectives

Communicating effectively in speaking & writing extends across all areas of business, including management, social & technical positions. Therefore, the objective of this paper is to develop effective communication skills of our students.

Course Contents

Unit I

Introduction to Business Communication, Basic form of Communication Downward, upward and Horizontal communication, Process of communication, Corporate Communication Formal and informal communication network, Grapevine single strand, gossip, cluster, Probability, Importance of Grapevine, Miscommunication or Barrier to communication Wrong choice of medium, Physics barriers, Semantic barriers, different Comprehension of reality, Socio psychological barriers, Principles of Communication - 7cs concept

Unit II
Writing Skills: Planning business messages, Business letters, Memo formats, Request letters, Good news letters, Bad news letters, Persuasive letters AIDA, Sales letters, collection letters Detailed Project Report Writing and presentation

Unit III
Oral Presentation Principles of oral presentations, Factors effecting presentations, Non Verbal communication Appearance, Body language, Para language, Time, Space, Silence, Effective Listening factors affecting listening, Improving, listening

Unit IV
Interviewing Skills Interviewers preparation, Interviewees preparation, Types of interview Communication for Employment Resume: Formulating Career Plans, Planning your Resume Structuring the Resume, Content of the Resume, Electronic Resumes

Unit V
International Communication Cultural sensitiveness, Cultural context, Negotiation Skills Process, Strategies, Issue in Negotiation Collective bargaining, Process & Essentials of effective BC.

Reading:
1. Ronald E. Duleck, John S.Fielden: Principles of Business Communication
2. Murphy and Hiderbrandt: Business Communication
3. Bovee Thill: Business communication Today, Mc Graw Hill
4. Malra Treece, Allyn and Bacon: Successful communication
5. Randall E. Majors Harper & Rom: Business communication
6. Harpert & Row Western: Guide to effective letter writing
7. Persing: Business communication dynamics
8. Mary Ellen Guffoy: Business communication
9. Fred Lutham: Organizational Behavior (For Negotiation Skill)
10. C.B Mmoria: Industrial Relation (For the topic of collective bargaining)

Syllabus BBS Program Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in