2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th August 2015, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

BARC Portion

I am a Civil engineering discipline candidate but I do not have GATE score so please tell me can I participate in (OCES/DGFS)? If yes, what is the Syllabus for it?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT JEE Advanced Portion
Portion For AIPMT
Portion for ICET
SNAP Test Portion
IIT JEE Portion
Portion For AIIMS Exam
NEET Exam Portion
KCET Portion
MBA Portion Pune University
Portion For AFCAT
JEE Advanced Portion
MGIMS Portion
Portion for IIT JEE
MBA Portion Mumbai University
MBA portion
Portion for KCET
GPAT Exam Portion
Portion for GPAT
IIIT Hyderabad Exam Portion
ASSO-CET - Portion for the Exam
8th August 2015, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BARC Portion

For participating in OCES/DGFS Exam you should have valid GATE Score. Without it you can’t apply for the Exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

For Engineering Disciplines (codes ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN, CE):

B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M. Tech / A.M.I.E. / A.M.I.E.T.E. / A.M.I.I. Ch. E. / A.M.I.I.M. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines.

Candidates opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline.

Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile,
Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining,
Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information
Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates,
Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. are not eligible.

Age Limit:

General Category - 26 years,
OBC- 29 years,
SC/ST– 31 years,
Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.

Grade and Pay Scale:

Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer ‘C’ (SO/C) in the pay band - III Rs. 15,600 to 39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400.

OCES candidates will get two or three increments depending on their performance.
DGFS Fellows will get three or four increments depending on their performance in M. Tech /M. Chem. Engineering.

Selection Process:

Selection will be completed in two steps: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates.

Screening for Selection Interviews is based on two alternative methods:

On the basis of Online Test
:

Online Test will be conducted in March in each of the eight Engineering disciplines and five Science discipline in nearly thirty cities spread across India.
Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
Candidates who register for the Online Test will be able to choose their exam centre as well as date and time of the session in which they wish to appear for the Online Test.

On the basis of GATE score:

Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE 2014 or GATE-2015 score.

Application Fee:

A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 250 is charged from the male candidates belonging to Gen and OBC categories.
Women candidates who belonging to SC/ST, dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and physically Challenged applicants are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
All candidates who have paid Application Fee at a branch of State Bank of India must evolve original Challan at the time of Selection Interview.

Online Exam Pattern:

All questions of the Online Exam are of MCQ type with only one correct choice of answer. Each correct answer introduces 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a minus marking of 1 mark (-1mark). No marks are awarded for questions that are not attempted.
Total Number of Questions - 100
Time Duration - 120 minutes
Syllabus:
Emphasis would be on the knowledge and problem solving ability rather than on the memory of the candidate. General English, General Knowledge, Aptitude etc are not determined.

For your more help, I am attaching a PDF you can get more detail about OCES / DGFS Exam of BARC.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf BARC Portion.pdf (189.9 KB, 113 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in