2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st March 2016, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bar Exam Sample

The Uniform Bar Examination is a high quality, uniform battery of tests that are administered contemporaneously in every other jurisdiction that has adopted the UBE.

It consists of the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE), the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), and the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE).

Bar exam question paper Feb 2015

The schedule for the UBE in New York is as follows:

Tuesday: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm

One of the question of Bar exam:

QUESTION 1
In 1995, Walt, a widower, executed a will prepared by his lawyer, Len, which contained the following dispositive provisions:
1. I give and devise my residence to my daughter, Amy.
2. I give and bequeath my 100 shares of C Corp. to my son, Ben.
3. I give and bequeath $100,000 to my son, Cal.
4. I give and bequeath $100,000 to the American Red Cross.
5. I give, devise and bequeath all of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to my grandson, Dave.
Walt signed the will at Len’s office, and at Walt’s request, Len and Walt’s son, Ben, signed as witnesses in the presence of Walt and each other after Walt acknowledged that the document was his will.

In 2000, Walt duly executed a new will which expressly revoked any and all wills previously made by him. In 2001, Walt decided that he did not like the terms of the 2000 will and physically destroyed it by his own hand. Walt died last year, survived by Amy, Ben, Cal, and Dave. Dave is Walt’s only grandson and is the son of Walt’s deceased son, Ed. The 1995 will has been admitted to probate over the objections of Cal that the 1995 will had not been properly executed and that, in any event, it had been revoked.

Walt’s residence has been valued at $300,000, and his 100 shares of C Corp. have been valued at $200,000. After payment of all debts, expenses and taxes, the net estate, including the residence and the C Corp. shares, is $600,000.
(1) (a) Was the 1995 will properly executed?
(b) Assuming the 1995 will was properly executed, was it properly admitted to probate?

(2) Assuming the 1995 will was properly admitted to probate, what part, if any,
of the net estate should be distributed to:
(a) Amy?
(b) Ben?
(c) Cal?
(d) The American Red Cross?
(e) Dave?

Here I’m attacxhing some PDF of Bar exam sample question paper:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bar exam question paper July 2015.pdf (160.3 KB, 127 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in