2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2014, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank PO Exams Preparation Tricks

Here I am giving you Tricks and Techniques for preparation of SBI Bank’s PO Exams. The selection for the post of PO is based on written test, group discussion and interview.

Paper Pattern:
Phase-I will consist of the written examination
Phase-II will include a Group Discussion and Personal Interview

Phase-I examination:
The Objective Test will be divided into the following sections:
1. English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
2. General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
3. Data Analysis and Interpretation
4. Reasoning

The Descriptive Test will test the English language writing skills of the aspirant and will ask the writer to attempt a short precis, letter writing or essay etc.

Tricks and Techniques for preparation of SBI PO exam:

As negative marking is applicable so attempt only the questions you are sure about.

Focus on English language section which includes questions based on un-seen passages, antonyms, synonyms, understanding vocabulary, fill in the blanks, finding the error in a statement, jumbled up questions

Revise your basic grammar skills by referring to Grammar Book such as Wren and Martin

Listen to English news and practice speaking in English to improve your language skills and help you notice language errors

Learn antonyms, synonyms and more vocabulary

Prepare General Awareness, Marketing and Computer section because it is one of the most scoring

Prepare questions from the General Awareness, Marketing and Computer generally come from banking knowledge, current affairs, computer knowledge, operating systems, computer hardware and software and basics of marketing

Practice question of Data Analysis and Interpretation are based on Number Systems, Fractions, Ratio and Proportion, Time and Work, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Problems on Ages, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Averages, Area and Time and Distance.

Most questions for Reasoning are based on Seating Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Missing Characters, Odd Man out, Ranking Test, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Directions so prepare them.

Practice as many sample papers, model papers and previous year papers as possible.
19th December 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Hey is there any one can suggest me how can do my preparation for bank PO exam? Please give me some preparation tips for bank PO exam?
19th December 2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bank PO exam is based on following subjects:

Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Logical Reasoning
English Language
General Awareness
Computer Awareness

Preparing for Bank PO varies from aspirant to aspirant and depends a lot on their level of preparation. Typically, it should take between 6-12 weeks for somebody who is fairly good
I would say the best ways to crack the Bank PO exam are:

Developing very good speed
Solve questions as much as possible
Pick up easier questions first
Complete all the sections first which takes less time to solve
Don’t get stuck in any section that takes a little more time e.g. reasoning Section

You should cover these subjects area:

Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation school level maths, basic charts and tables
Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
General Awareness – GK and current affairs
Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet

I’m taking a subject for the bank PO exam preparation :

General Awareness (GK)

General Knowledge is a basic part of any of banking exam. If you are aware about daily events and activities in India with daily newspaper habit seriously you can easily cover most of the part of general knowledge. You can easily score well in this part of exam.

GK Paper covers most of the part with current affairs so focus on it seriously specially related to Banking & Finance Sector. In IBPS exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs. Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector. You should start reading daily newspapers and magazines for boost your general knowledge.

GK topics to focus:

Current Affairs of last 6 months , Economy , Marketing , Awards & Honors Sports , Finance , Agriculture , History of Banking , Banking Terms , RBI, Fiscal Monetary Policies etc. Check IBPS Exam GK Syllabus in details here.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in