2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th September 2015, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bangalore University Bsc Zoology Syllabus

As you want detailed syllabus for 2nd Semester of B.SC Zoology Program of Bangalore University, so here I am giving following details syllabus:

Bangalore University B.Sc Zoology 2nd Semester Syllabus

Unit I: ARTHROPODA
1.1. General characters of the phylum and classification upto classes with suitable examples
1.2. Peripatus - Unique features, affinities with Annelida and Arthropoda, systematic position.
1.3. Type study - Prawn (Penaeus) - Morphology, appendages - structure of a typical appendage, concept of serial homology, structure and function of appendages, circulatory system, reproductive system and life cycle.
1.4. Metamorphosis – Definition and types with suitable examples.
1.5. A brief account on Arthropods as a successful animal group.

Unit II: - ARTHROPODA –

2.1 Body wall – Structure and significance.
2.2 Respiratory organs – Gills, book gills, trachea and book lungs.
2.3 Sense organs – Simple eye, compound eye, gustatory and tactile organs.
MOLLUSCA
2.4. General characters of the phylum and classification upto classes with suitable examples
2.5. Type study - Unio: Externals, structure of shell (sectional view), digestive, circulatory, respiratory and reproductive systems, and life cycle.

Unit III: - ECHINODERMATA

3.1. General characters of the phylum and classification upto classes with suitable examples
3.2. Type study: Sea Star (Asterias)– Externals, digestive and water vascular systems, reproduction and life history.
3.3. Echinoderm larvae: Structure and significance of the following larvae – Bipinnaria, Ophiopluteus, Echinopluteus and Auricularia.
MINOR PHYLA
3. 4 Rotifera: Salient features and biological significance.

Bangalore University B.Sc Zoology 2nd Semester Syllabus

17th December 2019, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of B.Sc. (UG) Zoology offered by Bangalore University as my exams are nearby and I need it for preparation of the exam?
17th December 2019, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of B.Sc. (UG) Zoology offered by Bangalore University is as follows:

I SEMESTER

PAPER – I: NON-CHORDATA: PART – I

Unit: I - Animal Architecture and Protozoa:

a) Animal Architecture
(To be taught citing suitable examples and keeping in view the evolutionary trends and significance)
1.1. Body symmetry: Definition and types – spherical, radial, biradial and bilateral symmetry
1.2. Body organisation: Hierarchical organisation of animal complexity – protoplasmic level, cellular level, tissue level and organ level of organisation.
1.3. Germ layers: Definition, types - diploblastic condition (apparent and absolute) and triploblastic condition.
1.4. Body coelom: Definition, origin and types – acoelom, pseudocoelom, eucoelom (enterocoelom and schizocoelom).
1.5. Metamerism: Definition and types – pseudometamerism, true metamerism homonomous and heteronomous.

b) Protozoa: The Animal-like Protista
1.6. General characters of the phylum up to classes with examples
1.7. Nutrition: Holozoic, holophytic, saprozoic, mixotrophic and parasitic with an example - for each.
1.8. Locomotion: Locomotory organelle – Pseudopodia, cilia and flagella. Modes of locomotion – Amoeboid movement (walking movement and sol-gel theory), flagellar and euglenoid movement, ciliary movement (Paddle stroke theory)
1.9. Reproduction: Conjugation in Paramoecium caudatum, significance of conjugation.

Unit: II – Porifera, Coelenterata and Ctenophora

a) Porifera: The Sponges – Nature’s dead end
2.1. General characters of the phylum up to classes with examples.
2.2. Sycon: Morphology, microscopic structure of body wall and sexual reproduction.

2.3. Canal System and its evolution: Asconoid, syconoid, leuconoid and rhagonoid types.

b) Coelenterata and Ctenophora: The Radiate Animals
2.4. General characters of the phylum Coelenterata up to classes with examples
2.5. Aurelia: Morphology, reproduction and life cycle
2.6. Polymorphism: Definition and significance. Example: Halistema.
2.7. Coral reefs: Definition, types and theories of coral reef formation
2.8. Ctenophores: General organisation and affinities.

Syllabus B.Sc. Zoology Bangalore University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus B.Sc. Zoology Bangalore University.pdf (643.8 KB, 90 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in