2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th June 2015, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Banda Up

Hello sir I am Samuel from Canada and I want to visit banda (Uttar Pradesh) will you please tell me the place to visit in banda ?
Similar Threads
Thread
UPPCL Banda
Agriculture University Banda UP
Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College , Sahib,
5th June 2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Banda Up

Hey Samuel as per your request I am giving you the information regarding it hope it will be helpful for you

Banda is situated in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Banda lies south of the Yamuna river in the Bundelkhand region. It is the administrative headquarters of Banda District. The town is well connected to major cities with railways and state highways. The town is near the right bank of the river Ken, 95 m. S. W. of Allahabad.
Banda is famous for its Shajar stone, used for making jewellery. in 1901 The population was 22,565.

Culture:-

Folk-songs & Folk-dances
The seasonal folk-songs commonly sung in the villages during spring. Malhar and Kajri in the rainy season. Women have their own songs for special occasions such as sohar (sung on the occasion of the birth of a child ) or Mangla geet (gari) during marriage ceremony. Bhajan-Kirtan in a chorus accompanied with musical is very much liked by inhabitants of the district.

There are a number of fairs/melas organized at the different places and Utsavs :
Bhuragarh fair
Nawab Tank fair
Chilla fair
Bilgav fair
Kalinjar fair
Khatri Pahar fair
Tihramafi fair
Simauni Fair
Maheshwari devi Temple
Gadariya Fair
Bamdeveshwar Temple

Places to visit :-