2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th April 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Balloon Facility of TIFR at Hyderabad

I want to know about National Balloon Facility by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) in Hyderabad so please give me details including list of Balloon Facility Staff List? Also give me contact number and phone number of TIFR Balloon Facility?
Similar Threads
Thread
TIFR Hyderabad Admissionsibs Tifribs Tifrtifr Icts
TIFR National Balloon Facility
SEM Facility IARI
TIFR Narsingi Hyderabad
TIFR Hyderabad Administrative Officer
TIFR centre for interdisciplinary sciences Hyderabad
NMR Facility In JNU
IVF facility at AIIMS
NMR Facility in IIT Chennai
TIFR TCIS Hyderabad
State bank of Hyderabad Locker Facility
Tifr Hyderabad Faculty
Top Facility Management Companies In Hyderabad
TIFR Hyderabad Campus
Jobs In TIFR Hyderabad
MBA facility management
TIFR Hyderabad Admissions
TIFR Hyderabad results
TIFR Jobs Hyderabad
ISS facility Services Hyderabad
14th April 2018, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: Balloon Facility of TIFR at Hyderabad

I want to know the Balloon Facility of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) at Hyderabad so can you provide me?
14th April 2018, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Balloon Facility of TIFR at Hyderabad

TIFR Balloon Facility is a unique centre of Technology which offers complete solutions in scientific ballooning for high altitude studies.

The centre has an in house balloon production facility as well as ground facilities for balloon launching and recovery operations, a control room for handling the data (telemetry) and command (telecommand) operations using S-band Telemetry, and balloon tracking capabilities.

A unique feature of the TIFR Balloon Facility Hyderabad, is that it has all aspects of Scientific Ballooning i.e. Balloon Design and Fabrication, Payload Integration with Telemetry, Telecommand and other instrumentation, and finally Balloon Launch, Tracking, Data Collection, Balloon Flight Control, as also Payload Recovery, under one roof.

Balloons are launched during two seasons in a year: Summer (January - April) and Winter (October - December).

One of the unique features of the TIFR Balloon Facility is the presence of a full-fledged balloon manufacturing unit within the campus.

Balloons manufactured at NBF are tailor made to meet the specific requirements of user scientists in terms of payload capability and altitude requirement.

One of the unique features of the TIFR Balloon Facility is the presence of a full-fledged balloon manufacturing unit within the campus.

Balloons manufactured at NBF are tailor made to meet the specific requirements of user scientists in terms of payload capability and altitude requirement.

To meet the growing demand from user scientists in X-ray Astronomy for carrying the 600 Kg. telescope along with flight support accessories to an altitude of 42 Kms., the balloon production building has been extended by 27 Metres to accommodate the 178 Metre long Balloon Work Table. Balloons of volumes upto 740,000 Cu.M. can now be fabricated 'IN HOUSE'.

NBF also manufactures small light weight sounding balloons using ultra thin (5.8 micron) films capable of reaching altitudes of up to 43 Km.
Aerodynamically Shaped Tethered Balloons (KYTOONS)

At Balloon Facility, Hyderabad, Aerodynamically Shaped Tethered Balloons also called KYTOONS can be fabricated out of POLYTHYLENE film.

These Kytoons provide a stable platform for a small payload weighing from 1 Kg to 3 Kg at an altitude in the range of 500 meters to 750 meters. Kytoons are used for "In Situ" measurement of atmospheric temperature, pressure, humidity and presence of atmospheric pollutants.

The kytoons are raised to their maximum float altitude with the help of a tether and a winch. Two models of kytoons (9.92 Cu.M and 3.71 Cu.M) can be fabricated at the Balloon Facility, Hyderabad.

Specifications

Material Polyethylene.
Volume 9.92 Cu.M and 3.71 Cu.M
Length 7.59 meters and 4.92 meters.
Payload 3 Kg and 1 Kg.
Altitude 750 meters and 500 meters.
Fins Inflatable, Cruciform.
Max Wind Speed 5 m/sec.

Contact-

Tata institute of fundamental research (tifr),
Balloon facility,
Post bag no. 5, ecil post office,
Hyderabad - 500 062, Telangana, India.
Telephone: 091-040-27123978, 27122505, 27122894.
Fax : 091-040-27123327
Email: balloons@tifr.res.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in