2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th November 2014, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Re: B.TECH CSE Graduates Eligible For IES Exam

IES is the Indian Engineering Service exam directed by UPSC .Yes, definitely B.TECH Computer Science Graduate can apply for IES exam being a Engineer.

IES is organized for Engineers and any Engineer in any field can apply for IES exam.

but as you have completed B.TECH in Computer Science , you have to give the exams by choosing Subjects in any one from following list of Branches:

1. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering

for appearing in exam you have to fulfill some other requirement like:

>>Engineering degree in any discipline from recognized college or university

>>your age must be within 21 years to 30 years . there is relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The list given below consists of some of the best books to prepare for the IES exam.

IES Indian Engineering Services Electronic & Telecommuincation Engineering: Chapterwise Solved Papers, Paper - 1 and 2 (2012 - 2000) by Manish Purbey

IES - 2013 Electrical Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) ME Team

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012 - 2000) IES Indian Engineering Services: Electrical Engineering (Paper - 1 & 2) by Deepak Purohit

IES - 2013 Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper 1 & 2) by ME Team

Crack GATE / IES / PSUs and Other Competitive Exams with Mechanical Engineering by Experts Compilation

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook on Mechanical Engineering ME Team

IES - 2013 E and T Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) by ME Team

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook on Electronics and Communication Engineering by ME Team

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook for Electrical Engineering 1st Edition by ME Team

IES Indian Engineering Services: Civil Engineering Chapterwise Solved Objective Paper, 2012 - 2000 (Paper 1 and 2) by Ajay Kumar, Ashish Kumar

Important Dates:
Date of Notification:- 14.03.2015
Date of commencement of Examination:- 12.06.2015

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in