2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th October 2012, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: B Sc Physics Syllabus Kerala University

Kerala University conduct BSC course now you are looking for the syllabus of it so I am providing you PDF file that contain complete syllabus of it as like below:

Unit 1 – Scope and Development of physics (2 hrs.)

(Non-evaluative for university examinations)
(Book: 1, Art. 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4)
Physics- The fundamental science-historical development of mechanics-some implications of the principle of mechanics-The scope of mechanics.
Unit 2- Dynamics of Rigid Bodies (15 hrs)
(Book: 2, Chapter 8)
Equations of motion for rotating rigid bodies-angular momentum and M.I-Theorems on
M.I- calculation of M.I of bodies of regular shapes- uniform rod, ring, disc, annular ring, solid cylinder, hollow cylinder and solid sphere-KE of rotating and rolling bodies-torque-
Determination of M.I of a fly wheel (theory, experiment and applications).Motion of a body rolling down an inclined plane.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kerala University B Sc Physics Syllabus.pdf (235.6 KB, 5465 views)

Last edited by sumit; 9th December 2019 at 01:55 PM.
17th July 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

How I can get the B sc Physics with electronics course Syllabus from Kerala University from net because I have need of this course syllabus so I ask you for get it from net so please tell me about this for get it from net[/QUOTE]
31st December 2014, 02:25 AM

Can any one post syllabus of kerala university BSc Physics major with Chemistry and Math minor (2006-2009)?
15th September 2018, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Simply search Google for anything you want to know under the sun. You being a B Sc student you have to considerably improve your English.I feel pity on you, reading your English.
4th December 2019, 08:22 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus for First Degree Programme in Physics under Choice Based-Credit & Semester System (CBCSS) offered by Kerala University?
4th December 2019, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

The syllabus for First Degree Programme in Physics under Choice Based-Credit & Semester System (CBCSS) offered by Kerala University is as follows:

PY1141:BASIC MECHANICS & PROPERTIES OF MATTER

(36 H OURS-2 CREDITS)

MECHANICS (22 hrs.)

Unit 1- Dynamics of Rigid Bodies (7 hrs)

Equations of motion for rotating rigid bodies-angular momentum and M.I-Theorems on
M.I- calculation of M.I of bodies of regular shapes- uniform rod, ring, disc, annular
ring, solid cylinder, hollow cylinder and solid sphere-KE of rotating and rolling
bodies-torque-Determination of M.I of a fly wheel (theory, experiment and applications).

Unit 2- Conservation of energy (3 hrs)
Conservation laws-Work –power- Kinetic Energy – Work Energy theoremConservative Forces -potential energy – Conservation of energy for a particle– energy
function- Non Conservative forces- Friction- types of friction.

Unit 3-Oscillations (12 hrs)
Simple harmonic motion – Energy of harmonic oscillators-simple pendulum-mass on a
spring-oscillation of two particles connected by a spring- compound bar pendulum -
interchange ability of suspension and oscillation-four points collinear with C.G about
which the time period is the same-conditions for maximum and minimum periods -
Determination of g using symmetric bar pendulum.Mechanical and electromagnetic wave
motion- General equation of a wave motion-expression for a plane progressive harmonic
wave- energy density for a plane progressive wave- transverse waves in stretched string
(expression)- longitudinal waves in rods- longitudinal waves in gas. Acousticsreverberation-Sabines reverberation formula-Determination of absorption coefficientacoustic Intensity-Factors affecting acoustics of buildings.

Unit 4- Elasticity (8 hours)
Modulus of elasticity (revision)-Relations connecting the three elastic modulii- poisson’s
ratio- bending of beams- bending moment-cantilever-centrally loaded beams and
uniformly bent beams-I section girders-torsion of a cylinder-expression for torsional couple
-work done in twisting a wire-torsion pendulum-static torsion-theory and experiment.

Unit 5– Surface Tension (3 hrs )
Surface tension-molecular explanation of S.T-angle of contact (revision)-shapes of
drops -expression for excess of pressure on a curved liquid surface -determination of
surface tension by Jaeger’s method-capillary rise method-variation of S.T with
temperature.

Unit 6 – Fluid Dynamics (3 hours )
Streamline and turbulent flow-equation of continuity-Bernoulli’s theoremventurimeter-viscosity-Newton’s law- Poisseulle’s equation-derivation-flow of blood in
human body-Stoke’s formula-theory and experiment.

Books for Study
1. Mechanics – Hans H.S and Puri S.P, TMH: second edition.
2. Mechanics – J.C Upadhyaya (Ramaprasad)
3. Properties of matter – D.S.Mathur
4. Funda mentals of Physics- Halliday and Resnick

Syllabus First Degree Programme in Physics (CBCSS) Kerala University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in