2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th July 2012, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: B Sc Physics Syllabus Bangalore University

You are looking for Bangalore University B Sc Syllabus for Physics ….I have uploaded it here for you. Click on the attachment to get it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bangalore University syllabus B Sc Physics .pdf (271.2 KB, 778 views)
17th February 2015, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for chemistry in b.sc 2nd semester from bangalore university
4th May 2015, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

B sc Physics Syllabus Bangalore University

I am the student of B.Sc Physics of the Bangalore University and as my exams are near so I have started my preparation of the exam so can you please provide me the syllabus of it so that I can do my preparation of the exam according to the syllabus?
19th May 2015, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Re: B sc Physics Syllabus Bangalore University

I want to do B.Sc. Physics course. Will you please forward me syllabus of the B Sc Physics offered by the Bangalore University?
19th May 2015, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: B sc Physics Syllabus Bangalore University

As per your request, I am giving you syllabus of B.Sc. physics course offered by the Bangalore University, have a look.

Physics
UNIT I
1. Review of vector algebra-Adding vectors geometrically, subtraction and multiplication of vectors, equality of vectors, unit vectors (as treated in Halliday and Resnick and H.C.
Verma), Cartesian and polar co-ordinates, Components of velocity and acceleration in
plane polar co-ordinates. Application of these to circular motion and area velocity. A few
problems to be worked out. .......... (4 hrs)

2. Motion along a straight line-Instantaneous velocity and acceleration, motion with uniform
and non-uniform acceleration-Derivations of equations like V=V0 Exp (- kt), and
X=V0/k (1- Exp(-kt) )
Ex: Calculation of terminal velocity and displacement of body falling under gravity in
resistive and non-resistive medium. ........(2 hrs)

3. Relative motion in one dimension-concept of reference frame-to show that observers on different reference frames that move with a constant velocity relative to each other will measure the same acceleration for a moving particle. Relative motion in two dimensions and the rule that observers on different reference frames moving with constant velocity relative to each other measure the same acceleration. ........(2 hrs)

4. Force and Motion 1: Elements of Newtonian Mechanics-What causes an acceleration ?
Newton’s First Law of Motion-force-Inertial reference frames-Mass-Concept of inertial
mass-Newton’s Second Law of Motion and its limitations-forces like Gravitational force-
weight of a body. Normal force-Newton’s Third Law of Motion-Applying Newton’s
Laws to solve problems-free body diagrams (to work out problems illustrating the
concept of free body diagram) ........(7 hrs)

UNIT-II
5. Force and motion 2:- Friction-static and Kinetic friction, rolling friction- Properties of
friction, the drag force and terminal velocity. Motion in accelerated frames-rotating
frame; concept of pseudo and inertial forces. Coriolis force and applications of Coriolis
force to trade winds, cyclones, erosion of ricer banks and foucault’s pendulum. Motion
along an inclined plane with and without friction-Basic forcers and interactions (problems on bodies connected by spring or string to be worked out) .....(9 hrs)

6. Concept of Lagrange and Hamiltonian equations for a particle-Example of pendulum. ….(2 hrs)
7. Energy-Kinetic Energy, work, work and kinetic energy theorem-work done by gravitation force-work done in lifting and lowering objects- work done by a spring force, the workPage 2 done by a constant applied force-work done by general variable force Work and kinetic energy theorem with a variable force. Three dimensional analysis-power (problems to be solved)…..(4 hrs)

UNIT-III
8. Potential energy-work and potential energy-conservative and non-conservative forces -
path-independence of conservative forces with proof. Determination of potential energy
values- Gravitational potential energy, curve-turning points-Equilibrium points-
Conservation of energy-Isolated systems-Problems ....... (7 hrs)

9. System of particles-The centre of mass-Solid bodies, Newton’s Second Law for a system of particles. Proof of the equation: F(net)=Mxa(com)-Linear momentum-The linear momentum of a system of particles -Conservation of linear momentum-Systems with varying mass-A Rocket-finding the acceleration and velocity of Single stage and Multi- stage rockets-External forces and internal energy changes ......(6 hrs)
10. Elastic and inelastic collisions in 2-dimensions. ...... (2 hrs)

UNIT-IV
11. Dynamics of rotation-Angular velocity and acceleration -Kinetic energy of rotation- MI of a body-Theorem of MI-parallel and perpendicular axes theorems with proofs-
Calculation of MI of a disc, ring, solid sphere and solid cylinder-Torques and Newton’s
Second Law-The Kinetic energy of a body rolling down an inclined plane (translational & rotational)-Newton’s Second law in angular form-Angular momentum of a rigid body.
Conservation of angular momentum-some examples-Explanation of gyroscopic motion (qualitative).

12. Oscillations-Simple harmonic motion- KE & PE at any instant-Simple and Compound pendulums as examples of S.H.M.- Damped S.H.M, forced oscillations and resonance- Combination of S.H.M and Luscious figures. ......(4 hrs)
13. Transverse and longitudinal waves, their period, frequency-Speed of transverse waves on a string-Energy of motion-Intensity or power-(to derive equation)-Principle of super
position-its effects like interference. Beats and stationary waves-Fourier analysis of a saw
tooth wave. ...... (hrs)
Reference Books
1. Fundamentals of Physics sixth edition-Halliday and Resnick, wiley, 2001
2. Physics-Classical and modern-F.J. Keller, E.Gettys and J.J. Skove McGraw-Hill
Second edition.
3. Classical Mechanics-K.N. SreenivasRao, Universities Press-Orient Longman
4. Physics-P.A. ____ Vol I, CBS Publications, 2000 Edition.
5. Concepts of Physics Vol I H.C. Verma.
6. University Physics- F.W. Sears and Zemansky and H.D. Young, Nervosa
Publications-Delhi
7. Mechanics-J.C. Upadhaya-Ramaprasad and Co,Agra.
COURSE:PHY 102; Physics Lab I
1. Verification of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems.
2. Verification of principle of conservation of energy.
3. Verification of conservation of linear momentum.
4. Oscillation of a spring to determine spring constant. To determine the effective the
spring and hence g
5. Coupled Oscillations-Measurement of the periods of normal modes.
6. Bar pendulum- g by graphical method.

7. Mode constants.
8. Helmholtz Resonator.
9. MI of disc using tensional pendulum.
10. MI of fly wheel.
11. Study of stationary waves on a stretched string.
12. Damping of rigid pendulum.
13. Determination of Coefficients of static, kinetic and rolling frictions
(A minimum of ten experiments should be performed)
References:
1. B.Saraf etc: Physics through Experiment. Vikas pub

For complete syllabus, download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bangalore University B.Sc physics syllabus.pdf (268.8 KB, 369 views)
3rd July 2018, 06:33 AM
Unregistered

please send bsc physics 5th semester question bank and bangalore university model question papers
23rd November 2019, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of B Sc (Bachelor of Science) Physics Program offered by Bangalore University as I want to check it before taking up the Course?
23rd November 2019, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of B Sc (Bachelor of Science) Physics Program offered by Bangalore University is as follows:

Syllabus for I Sem BSc, (Physics) Paper –I : Phy-T101:

MECHANICS – 1 , HEAT AND THERMODYNAMICS – 1

UNIT – I

• MOTION : Newton’s Laws of Motion (Statement and illustration), Motion in a resistive
medium; Drag force& Drag Coefficient, Drag force with v dependence (only vertical) and
v2 dependence (only vertical) – derivation for velocity and position- graphs with and
without resistance, concept of terminal velocity
4 hours

• FRICTION : Static and Dynamic Friction – Friction as a self adjusting force, Coefficient of Static and dynamic friction; Expression for acceleration of a body moving along an
inclined plane with and without friction, Free Body Diagrams for the following cases
(i)Two masses connected by a string hanging over a frictionless pulley (ii)Two masses in
contact and masses connected by strings (horizontal only) (iii)Two masses connected by
a string passing over a frictionless pulley fixed at the edge of a horizontal table.
4 hours

• PLANETARY & SATELLITE MOTION : Motion along a curve - radial and transverse
components of acceleration(derivation); Newton’s law of gravitation (vector form only),
Kepler’s laws (statements only);Gravitational Field and Potential – relation between them;
Field and Potential due to a solid sphere (derivation); Orbital and Escape Velocity (derivation), Satellite in circular orbit and applications; Geostationary and Geosynchronous orbits.
5 hours

UNIT – II

• WORK & ENERGY :Work done by a constant and variable force; Work energy theorem;
Work and potential energy; examples of potential energy; Work done by gravitational
force; Work done by a spring force; Conservative and non – conservative force;
Conservation of mechanical energy 4 hours

• SYSTEM OF PARTICLES :Centre of mass of rigid bodies – General expression; Newton's
law for a system of particles; Linear momentum for a particle and a system of particles;
Conservation of linear momentum; System with varying mass; Single stage Rocket
motion – Velocity & Acceleration with and without gravity; Elastic and inelastic
collisions (only 2D)
4 hours

• BLACK BODY RADIATION : Black body radiation and its spectral energy distribution;
Kirchhoff’s law, Stefan-Boltzmann's law, Wien’s displacement law, Rayleigh-Jeans law
(Statements), Derivation of Planck’-s law – deduction of Wien’s Law & Rayleigh – Jeans
Law, Solar constant and its determination using Angstrom’s Pyrheliometer; Estimation of
the surface temperature of the sun
5 hours

Syllabus B Sc Physics Program Bangalore University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus B Sc Physics Program Bangalore University.pdf (1.15 MB, 37 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in