2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th May 2015, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

AU Phd Exam

Which Entrance Examination conducted by the Andhra University for Ph.d Program? I think this Univesrity offers Ph.d in Distance Education Mode. If the Andhra University offers Ph.D in Distance Education Mode, pls give me admission prospectus for academic session 2015-16. Provide me important dates for this year Entrance Exam for Ph.d Program.
21st January 2020, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Re: AU Phd Exam

Can you tell me about the Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) conducted by University of Allahabad for admission in Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program?
21st January 2020, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AU Phd Exam

The University of Allahabad conducts Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) of the University of Allahabad.

Eligibility Criteria for Allahabad University CRET

One qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)/Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is exempted from the Level 1 Test of CRET exam conducted by the University of Allahabad.

A minimum score at the Post-graduate Exam of 55% marks for General candidates and 50% marks for OBC/SC/ST/PH candidates is required.

A minimum average score in the entire academic career of 54% marks for General/OBC candidates; or 49% marks for SC/ST/PH candidates.

If one desires to appear at Level 1 of the CRET exam one is allowed to appear at Level 1 of CRET exam, but the eligibility is determined only on the basis of the marks obtained in the CRET Exam.

For PhD. in the Dept. of Electronics and Communication with M.Tech/M.E in Electronics Engineering or equivalent subjects or M.Tech/ME in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent Subjects.

For D.Phil in the Dep. of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M.Tech in Geology/Applied geology or Geo-Physics who have valid GATE score before the last date of applying for CRET and have a GATE score of not less than 75%.

There shall be negative marking in objective-type questions; for every correct answer 4 marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.

Allahabad University CRET Exam Pattern

Level 1 Test

This test is of objective type questions and it is divided into two sections - Section A and Section B. Negative Marking for wrong answers is applicable for Level 1 Test

Section A: General Awareness, Academic and Research Aptitude:
It comprise of 50 multiple choices type objective questions of the subject opted by the candidate. All questions are to be attempted. Each question carries four marks. Duration of this Section will be 01:30 hours.

Section B: Subject Proficiency in the CRET subject applied for:
It comprise of 50 multiple choices type questions of the subject opted by the candidate. All questions are to be attempted. Each question carries four marks. Duration of this Section will be 01:30 hours.

Level 2 (Written Subject Test)

This test is of subjective type based on the subject of CRET opted by the candidate in its online registration and eligibility

The duration of Level 2 (Written Subject Test) of CRET shall be two hours and the total marks shall be 200; this test will comprise of 3 sections consisting of Short Answer (10 questions of 10 marks each to be answered in 200 words), Medium Answer (3 questions of 20 marks each to be answered in 200 words) and Long Answer question (1 question of 40 marks to be answered in 400 words)

In all, 14 questions are to be answered in Level 2 Test. There may or may not be internal choices within each question

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in