2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th December 2017, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Ask a Question IIT Bombay

Can you provide me the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about M. Tech. to IEOR programme Admissions available on the official website of IIT Bombay?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Bombay CSE
GPA IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay ICT
IIT Bombay CSE CV
Get IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay GPU
ICP-AES IIT-Bombay
Indian Institute Of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay)
All About IIT Bombay
EDX IIT Bombay
RTI IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay B.Tech Question Papers
XRD IIT Bombay
IIT JEE Bombay Cut Off
Iit bombay lcc
IIT Bombay URA
IIT Bombay Question Papers
IIT Bombay Phd
IIT Bombay Hcu
IIT Bombay Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
13th December 2017, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ask a Question IIT Bombay

The FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about M. Tech. to IEOR programme Admissions available on the official website of IIT Bombay are as follows:

Q. Is there a written test or interview for admission to IEOR M. Tech programme?
There is a written test for TA candidates. IS, PS, SW, RA candidates will be selected for admission on the basis of written test and interview. SC/ST candidates applying for TA seats are exempt from the test and interview.

Q. What are the criteria for admission to IEOR M. Tech programme?
The criteria depend upon the application category. For TA/RA categories, the performance in GATE and written test is considered. For SW category, past job-experience also counts. Other criteria may be used for IS/PS/SW/TAP/RAP categories.

Q. I do not have a B.E./B. Tech. degree in IE, OR or a related field. Can I still apply?
Yes, we admit several students from different backgrounds depending upon their performance in GATE, written test and interview. While basic knowledge of topics in IEOR is necessary for admission, a formal degree or course work in this topic is not necessary.

Q. Are scholarships available from IIT Bombay for pursuing M. Tech.?
Institute scholarships (Teaching assistantships and Research Assistantships) are available for those with a valid GATE score and those who have B. Tech with a sufficiently high CPI/CGPA from an IIT. Please see the rules on the IIT-B Admissions Page.

Q. What is the minimum score in required in GATE to get a call for test in TA category?
The minimum score required is not fixed. It is determined on the basis of the number of applications, the qualifying degree (B.E./B.Tech.) discipline of candidates and other factors. It changes year to year.

Q. What was the minimum GATE score required last year for calls to written test and interview?
For the year 2013, the minimum GATE score required for call to test varied on the basis of the B.E./B.Tech. degree of the candidate and the birth-category (General, OBC-NC, SC/ST). The cut-off was 550 for general candidates from PI/IE/PR qualifying disciplines, 600 for ME/MF, 625 for CE/CH/CS/EE/EE/IN, and 700 for all others. The cut-off for other birth-categories was lower as per rules.

Q. What can be expected in the interview?
There is no specific format or style of the interview. Candidates may be asked about their background, past projects, course-work and motivation besides questions related to the list of topics mentioned above.

Q. What documents should I bring along?
You should bring a valid photo ID (PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar, or equivalent), GATE score card, and any certificates relevant for your academic background (e.g. transcripts, merit certificates, etc.).

Q. My GATE score is more than the cutoffs displayed for IEOR but I am still not shortlisted for test/interview. How is it possible?
On most ocassions we get an overwhelming number of applications above the eligibility cutoffs displayed at the time of applications. This cut-off is merely for application. It does not guarantee shortlisting for test and interview. Of all the applications received we shortlist a pre-determined number based on the gate-score and the qualifying discipline. Many candidates are thus not shortlisted even though they meet the eligibility criteria.

Q. My GATE score is more than the cutoffs displayed for IEOR but I do not see any updates in my application portal about test/interview. Can I still attend the test / interviews for IEOR?
No, only those candidates that have been shortlisted for the test/interview will be considered for admissions. Please check with the admissions office of IIT-Bombay (not IEOR department) if you think that you should have been shortlisted.

Q. I have also been called for interviews in other departments at IITB /NITIE on the same day. Is it possible to manage them?
Yes, you can attend the interviews of the different departments on the same day. Report early to IEOR and we can help schedule your interviews such that there is no clash.

Q. Is it possible to have the interviews on the same day as the written test?
Yes, it possble for candidates having interviews in other departments and institutes to have the IEOR interview on the same day as the written test. You need to inform us about this in person at the time of the written test (you can also send an email about this).

Q. I will not be able to attend the written exam on the scheduled date or time. What should I do?
The scheduled date for the written test cannot be changed. It is necessary to appear on the announced date and time.

Q. Can I stay on campus during the dates of the written test/interviews?
Limited basic accommodation will be provided in student hostels for the dates of the interviews. Accommodation for family members and co-travelers may not be available to many candidates. The admissions office usually provides the necessary information in this regard. No prior intimation is required and instructions will be available at the entry points to the campus.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in