2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

21st August 2018, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Re: Applied Hydraulics and Pneumatics Anna University Notes

Can you provide me the BE Mechatronics Engineering 6th Semester ME3312 Applied Hydraulics and Pneumatics Syllabus offered by Anna University?
21st August 2018, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Applied Hydraulics and Pneumatics Anna University Notes

The BE Mechatronics Engineering 6th Semester ME3312 Applied Hydraulics and Pneumatics Syllabus offered by Anna University is as follows:

ME3312 APPLIED HYDRAULICS AND PNEUMATICS

UNIT I

FUNDAMENTALS AND POWER SOURCE OF HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Basics of Fluid power systems- Pascals Law and applications Advantages of Fluid power Types of Fluids- Fluid properties- Hydraulic Power pack- Construction, Heat dissipation- Hydraulic pumps- Gear, Vane and Piston pumps- Pump Performance, Characteristics and Selection

UNIT II
CONTROL COMPONENTS OF HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Control valves- Pressure control valves- Pressure relief, Pressure Reducing, Counter balance,
Sequencing and Unloading Valves- Flow control valves- types- Direction control valves- types, Actuation mechanism- Proportional Valves- Servo valves- Fluid power actuators

UNIT III
FUNDAMENTALS OF PNEUMATIC SYSTEM

General Gas Law- Compressors- types- FRL Unit- - Introduction to Fluid logic devices and applications- Pneumo hydraulic circuit, intensifier circuit Electrical Control of fluid power circuits, Microprocessor and PLC applications

UNIT IV

CIRCUIT DESIGN
Methodology- Fluid power symbols, Cascade method, Step counter method, KV Map method- Industrial Hydraulic circuits- Double pump circuits, Speed control Circuits, Regenerative circuits, Safety circuits, Synchronising circuits, Accumulator circuits

UNIT V
QUANTITATIVE DESIGN OF FLUID POWER CIRCUITS 9
Sizing of Pumps and Actuators- Sizing of Valves- Sizing of Pipes- Sizing of Pneumatic valves Sizing of Accumulators. Installation, Maintenance and trouble shooting of Fluid Power circuits

REFERENCES
1. Anthony Esposito, Fluid Power with Applications, Pearson Education Inc., 2003
2. Majumdar S.R., Pneumatic systems Principles and maintenance, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2006
3. Majumdar S.R., Oil Hydraulic systems Principles and maintenance, Tata McGraw- Hill, 2006
4. James A. Sullivan, Fluid power - Theory and applications, Printice Hall International, 1998
5. John Pippenger, Tyler Hicks. Industrial Hydraulics , Third Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 1987

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in