2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Any Entrance Test Required for ICWA

No you don’t need to appear for any entrance exam to join for the ICWA course.
However there are some eligibility criteria to be fulfilled.

Here is Eligibility Criteria:

For pursuing this program a student must have completed 17 years of ages and must have passed the senior secondary examination (10+2) of any board recognized by the Central or State government.

Specializations
Statistics,
Tax laws and
Tax planning ,
Auditing,
Cost and
Management accountancy

Documents to be enclosed with application form:

1. Bank Draft ( as mentioned above)

2. Attested Copy of Matriculation Certificate

3. Attested copy of 10+2 Certificate or Marks Statement

4. Attested copy of the degree

5. Three photographs attested and pasted on the form
21st May 2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

I want to do course from ICWA (Institute of Cost and Works) so please give me details and tell me that is there any entrance test is required for admission?
21st May 2015, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, ICWA (Institute of Cost and Works) conducts entrance test for admission. Here I am giving you all details about ICWA Course.

ICWA (Institute of Cost and Works Accountants) is one of the leading financial schools in India. Candidates need to clear all three levels of the ICWA CMA exam to become Cost Accountant. ICWA CMA exam conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) consists of three stages (Foundation / Intermediate/ Final).

Eligibility for ICWA:

Foundation Course:

a) Candidates must have completed Class 10 or equivalent exam from a recognized education higher secondary school board or institution

b) Candidates must have completed Senior Secondary examination under 10+2 scheme of a recognized board or an examination recognized by the central government as equivalent thereto or should have passed the National Diploma in Commerce Examination directed by the All India Council for Technical Education or any State Board of Technical Education under the authority of the said All India Council, or the Diploma in Rural Service Examination conducted by the National Council of Higher Education.

c) Students awaiting their result can also apply for provisional admission

Intermediate Course:
a) Candidates must have completed Senior Secondary School examination (10+2) and Foundation Course of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India/ Graduation in any discipline other than Fine arts/Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination of CAT of the Institute/ Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination and Competency Level Part II Examination of CAT of the Institute.

b) Candidates must have completed Foundation of ICSI/Intermediate of ICAI by whatever name called along with class 10+2.

c) List of other eligible qualifying examinations is given under Annexure VI of prospectus.

d) Students waiting for their result can also apply for provisional admission.

Final Course:
a) Candidates must have completed Intermediate

b) Candidates must have completed Graduation in any discipline except Fine Arts or equivalent.

c) Candidates who have passed all eight papers of the CMA intermediate course are eligible to apply for CMA Final Course examination

ICWA Exam Dates:

Entrance exam for ICWA is held twice a year i.e. in the month of June and December. Candidates wishing to apply for ICAI Foundation examination for December term are required to apply latest by 30th June of the same year.

Syllabus of ICWA Exam:
Paper – 1& 2 (100 Marks)
Time: 10 A.M. to 12.00 Noon
Paper 1: Fundamentals of Economics and Management (50 Marks)
Paper 2: Fundamentals of Accounting (50 Marks)

Paper – 3 & 4 (100 Marks)
Time: 2 P.M. to 4.00 P.M
Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws & Ethics (50 Marks)
Paper 4: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics (50 Marks)

Total Questions: 100 (Multiple Choice Questions)
Maximum Marks: 100 (Each Question will carry 1 Mark).
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in