2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th February 2016, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Re: Annamalai University Zoology Syllabus

Hello sir, I’m pursuing M.Sc in Zoology from Annamalai University. Exams of M.Sc will be held on next month. For exam preparation I want syllabus of M.Sc zoology. Please provide me Annamalai University Zoology Syllabus?
14th February 2016, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Annamalai University Zoology Syllabus

Master’s Programme:
A Master’s Programme consists of a number of Courses. A Master’s Programme consists of a set of core courses and Elective courses.

Eligibility: A Pass in B.Sc. Zoology with Chemistry as Ancillary Subjects with 55% of marks in Part – III Examination.

SYLLABUS
First year: i semester
Course: zoo developmental biology

To make the students understand the various concepts of development.
Unit–I:
Gametogenesis
Historical thoughts and concepts, scope of embryology – Gametogenesis - spermatogenesis –Oogenesis – Previtellogenesis – Vitellogenesis: egg membranes.

Unit–II:
Fertilzation Approach of the sperm to the egg, sperm penetration, essence of activation, acrosome, reaction of the egg, Biochemistry of egg activation- parthenogenesis.

Unit–III:
Begining of Embryogenesis and aspects of Gastrulation Types of eggs, cleavage, laws of cleavage patterns of cleavage, physiological and biochemical changes, Role of egg cortex. Fatemap, gastrulation, physiology of gastrulation, cell lineage; organizer–concepts–induction process.

Unit–IV:
Embryonic Adaptation, Organ Formation and Differentiation Placentation, Types of placenta, physiology of placenta Organogenesis – development of eye. Differentiation – definition: Chemical basis, seletive action of genes, changing pattern of protein synthesis, sequence of gene action in development.

Unit–V:
Morphogenetic Processes in the later part of Ontogenesis Metamorphosis – hormonal regulation of metamorphosis in Amphibia and Insects. Regeneration – regeneration of limb in salamander: Stimulation and suppression: Histological process: polarity and gradients in regeneration

Here I’m attaching PDF format of Syllabus of M.Sc Zoology from Annamalai University:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M.Sc in Zoology syllabus from Annamalai university.pdf (121.1 KB, 157 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in