2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th April 2015, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Anna University Lecture Notes For Cse

I am the student of Computer Science Engineering 2nd semester of Anna University and I got fever during the important Lecture so I have not get the notes of it so can you please provide me its Lecture Notes so that I can not get any difficulty during the preparation of exam?
Similar Threads
Thread
IITK Maths Lecture Notes
Sav MBA lecture notes
Anna University Lecture Notes for M.E
Calicut University Engineering Lecture Notes
IIT Madras Lecture Notes
NIBM Lecture Notes
Signals And Systems Lecture Notes Vtu
TNAU Lecture Notes
OS Anna University Notes
TIFR Lecture Notes
Rai University MBA Lecture Notes
IIT Kanpur Mathematics Lecture Notes
BITS Pilani Lecture Notes
NIT Warangal Lecture Notes
Calicut University Lecture Notes
Lecture Notes Anna University
MBA Lecture Notes PPT
MBA Lecture Notes
IIT Lecture Notes Fluid Mechanics
IIT Kharagpur Lecture Notes
12th May 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University Lecture Notes For Cse

I want the notes/ syllabus of Cryptography & Network Security of B.Tech CSE 7th sem of Anna University so will you provide me?
12th May 2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Lecture Notes For Cse

I am providing you the syllabus of Cryptography & Network Security of B.Tech CSE 7th sem of Anna University

Anna University B.Tech CSE 7th Sem syllabus

OBJECTIVES:

The student should be made to:
- Understand OSI security architecture and classical encryption techniques.
- Acquire fundamental knowledge on the concepts of finite fields and number theory.-
Understand various block cipher and stream cipher models.
- Describe the principles of public key cryptosystems, hash functions and digital signature.

UNIT I INTRODUCTION & NUMBER THEORY

Services, Mechanisms and attacks-the OSI security architecture-Network security model-Classical Encryption techniques (Symmetric cipher model, substitution techniques, transposition techniques, steganography).FINITE FIELDS AND NUMBER THEORY: Groups, Rings, Fields-Modular arithmetic- Euclids algorithm-Finite fields- Polynomial Arithmetic Prime numbers-Fermats and Eulers theorem- Testing for primality -The Chinese remainder theorem- Discrete logarithms.

UNIT II BLOCK CIPHERS & PUBLIC KEY CRYPTOGRAPHY

Data Encryption Standard-Block cipher principles-block cipher modes of operation-Advanced
Encryption Standard (AES)-Triple DES-Blowfish-RC5 algorithm. Public key cryptography: Principles of public key cryptosystems-The RSA algorithm-Key management - Diffie Hellman Key exchange- Elliptic curve arithmetic-Elliptic curve cryptography.

UNIT III HASH FUNCTIONS AND DIGITAL SIGNATURES

Authentication requirement Authentication function MAC Hash function Security of hash
function and MAC MD5 - SHA - HMAC CMAC - Digital signature and authentication protocols DSS EI Gamal Schnorr.

UNIT IV SECURITY PRACTICE & SYSTEM SECURITY

Authentication applications Kerberos X.509 Authentication services - Internet Firewalls for Trusted System: Roles of Firewalls Firewall related terminology- Types of Firewalls - Firewall designs - SET for E-Commerce Transactions. Intruder Intrusion detection system Virus and related threats Countermeasures Firewalls design principles Trusted systems Practical implementation of cryptography and security.

UNIT V E-MAIL, IP & WEB SECURITY

E-mail Security: Security Services for E-mail-attacks possible through E-mail - establishing keys privacy-authentication of the source-Message Integrity-Non-repudiation-Pretty Good Privacy-S/MIME. IPSecurity: Overview of IPSec - IP and IPv6-Authentication Header-Encapsulation Security Payload (ESP)-Internet Key Exchange (Phases of IKE, ISAKMP/IKE Encoding). Web Security: SSL/TLS Basic Protocol-computing the keys- client authentication-PKI as deployed by SSLAttacks fixed in v3- Exportability-Encoding-Secure Electronic Transaction (SET).

TOTAL: 45 PERIODS

OUTCOMES:
Upon Completion of the course, the students should be able to:
- Compare various Cryptographic Techniques
- Design Secure applications
- Inject secure coding in the developed applications

TEXT BOOKS:

1. William Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security, 6 th Edition, Pearson Education, March 2013. (UNIT I,II,III,IV).
2. Charlie Kaufman, Radia Perlman and Mike Speciner, Network Security, Prentice Hall of India, 2002. (UNIT V).

REFERENCES:

1. Behrouz A. Ferouzan, Cryptography & Network Security, Tata Mc Graw Hill, 2007.
2. Man Young Rhee, Internet Security: Cryptographic Principles, Algorithms and Protocols, Wiley Publications, 2003.
3. Charles Pfleeger, Security in Computing, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall of India, 2006.
4. Ulysess Black, Internet Security Protocols, Pearson Education Asia, 2000.
5. Charlie Kaufman and Radia Perlman, Mike Speciner, Network Security, Second Edition, Private Communication in Public World, PHI 2002.
6. Bruce Schneier and Neils Ferguson, Practical Cryptography, First Edition, Wiley Dreamtech India Pvt Ltd, 2003.
7. Douglas R Simson Cryptography Theory and practice, First Edition, CRC Press, 1995.

Contact-

Anna University
Kotturpuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in