2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th July 2015, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Chennai HMT Question Papers

You are looking for Ann University Chennai ME Heat and Mass Transfer exam question paper, the question paper contains questions from following topics;

UNIT I CONDUCTION 11+3
Basic Concepts – Mechanism of Heat Transfer – Conduction, Convection and Radiation – Fourier Law of Conduction - General Differential equation of Heat Conduction –– Cartesian and Cylindrical Coordinates – One Dimensional Steady State Heat Conduction – Conduction through Plane Wall, Cylinders and Spherical systems – Composite Systems – Conduction with Internal Heat Generation – Extended Surfaces – Unsteady Heat Conduction – Lumped Analysis – Use of Heislers Chart.

UNIT II CONVECTION 10+3
Basic Concepts –Heat Transfer Coefficients – Boundary Layer Concept – Types of Convection – Forced Convection – Dimensional Analysis – External Flow – Flow over Plates, Cylinders and Spheres – Internal Flow – Laminar and Turbulent Flow – Combined Laminar and Turbulent – Flow over Bank of tubes – Free Convection – Dimensional Analysis – Flow over Vertical Plate, Horizontal Plate, Inclined Plate, Cylinders and Spheres.

UNIT III PHASE CHANGE HEAT TRANSFER AND HEAT 9+3
EXCHANGERS

Nusselts theory of condensation-pool boiling, flow boiling, correlations in boiling and condensation. Types of Heat Exchangers – Heat Exchanger Analysis – LMTD Method and NTU - Effectiveness – Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient – Fouling Factors.

UNIT IV RADIATION 8+3
Basic Concepts, Laws of Radiation – Stefan Boltzman Law, Kirchoffs Law –Black Body Radiation –Grey body radiation -Shape Factor Algebra – Electrical Analogy – Radiation Shields –Introduction to Gas Radiation

UNIT V MASS TRANSFER 7+3
Basic Concepts – Diffusion Mass Transfer – Fick’s Law of Diffusion – Steady state Molecular Diffusion – Convective Mass Transfer – Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer Analogy – Convective Mass Transfer Correlations

Anna Univ ME HMT Question paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in