2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th July 2018, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University Chennai Biotechnology Syllabus

I want the syllabus of B.Tech. Biotechnology program of Anna University Chennai so will you please provide me?
16th July 2018, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Chennai Biotechnology Syllabus

I am providing you the syllabus of B.Tech. Biotechnology program of Anna University Chennai

Anna University Chennai B.Tech. Biotechnology syllabus

I Semester

S. No Course Code Course Title
THEORY
1 HS8151 Communicative English
2 MA8151 Engineering Mathematics I
3 PH8151 Engineering Physics
4 CY8151 Engineering Chemistry
5 GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming
6 GE8152 Engineering Graphics
PRACTICALS
7 GE8161 Problem Solving and Python Programming Laboratory
8 BS8161 Physics and Chemistry Laboratory

SEMESTER II

Theory
1 HS8251 Technical English
2 MA8251 Engineering Mathematics II
3 PH8254 Physics of Materials
4 BE8252 Basic Civil and Mechanical Engineering
5 BT8291 Microbiology
6 BT8251 Biochemistry
PRACTICALS
7 GE8261 Engineering Practices Laboratory
8 BT8261 Biochemistry Lab

Communicative English

OBJECTIVES:

To develop the basic reading and writing skills of first year engineering and technology students.
To help learners develop their listening skills, which will, enable them listen to lectures and
comprehend them by asking questions; seeking clarifications.
To help learners develop their speaking skills and speak fluently in real contexts.
To help learners develop vocabulary of a general kind by developing their reading skills

UNIT I SHARING INFORMATION RELATED TO ONESELF/FAMILY& FRIENDS 12

Reading- short comprehension passages, practice in skimming-scanning and predicting- Writingcompleting sentences - developing hints. Listening- short texts- short formal and informal
conversations. Speaking- introducing oneself - exchanging personal information- Language
development- Wh- Questions- asking and answering-yes or no questions- parts of speech.
Vocabulary development-- prefixes- suffixes- articles.- count/ uncount nouns.

UNIT II GENERAL READING AND FREE WRITING 12

Reading - comprehension-pre-reading-post reading- comprehension questions (multiple choice
questions and /or short questions/ open-ended questions)-inductive reading- short narratives and
descriptions from newspapers including dialogues and conversations (also used as short Listening
texts)- register- Writing paragraph writing- topic sentence- main ideas- free writing, short narrative
descriptions using some suggested vocabulary and structures Listening- telephonic conversations.
Speaking sharing information of a personal kind greeting taking leave- Language development
prepositions, conjunctions Vocabulary development- guessing meanings of words in context.

UNIT III GRAMMAR AND LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT 12

Reading- short texts and longer passages (close reading) Writing- understanding text structure- use
of reference words and discourse markers-coherence-jumbled sentences Listening listening to
longer texts and filling up the table- product description- narratives from different sources. Speakingasking about routine actions and expressing opinions. Language development- degrees of
comparison- pronouns- direct vs indirect questions- Vocabulary development single word
substitutes- adverbs.

UNIT IV READING AND LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT 12

Reading- comprehension-reading longer texts- reading different types of texts- magazines Writingletter writing, informal or personal letters-e-mails-conventions of personal email- Listening- listening
to dialogues or conversations and completing exercises based on them. Speaking- speaking about
oneself- speaking about ones friend- Language development- Tenses- simple present-simple pastpresent continuous and past continuous- Vocabulary development- synonyms-antonyms- phrasal
verbs

UNIT V EXTENDED WRITING 12

Reading- longer texts- close reading Writing- brainstorming -writing short essays developing an
outline- identifying main and subordinate ideas- dialogue writing-Listening listening to talksconversations- Speaking participating in conversations- short group conversations-Language

for complete syllabus here is the attachment

Contact-

Anna University
Kotturpuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in