2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th July 2018, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: Andhra University ME Syllabus

I have passed examination of B.E Mechanical Engineering (ME) 4th Semester Course of Andhra University. Recently I have taken admission in 5th Semester Course. I need its syllabus. So someone is here who will provide syllabus of B.E Mechanical Engineering (ME) 5th Semester Course of Andhra University?
15th July 2018, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Andhra University ME Syllabus

As you are looking for syllabus of B.E Mechanical Engineering (ME) 5th Semester Course of Andhra University, so here I am providing complete syllabus:

Andhra University B.E Mechanical Engineering (ME) 5th Semester Syllabus:

MEC 311 Industrial Electronics
MEC 312 Mechanics of Solids II
MEC 313 Engineering Thermodynamics II
MEC 314 Theory of Machines II
MEC 315 Production Drawing
MEC 316 Elective-I
MEC 317 Mechanical Engineering Lab II
MEC 318 Manufacturing Technology LabII
MEC 319 Soft Skills Lab

MEC 311 INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS
Devices: Semi-conductor diode, Zener diode - Transistor - Silicon control rectifier. Rectifiers,
Amplifiers, Oscillators, Cathode ray oscilloscope.
Industrial Applications: Poly-phase rectifiers - Control circuits - Motor speed control voltage
control, Time delay relay circuits - Photo electric circuits. Resistance welding, inducting heating - Dielectric heating.
Servomechanism: Open loop and closed loop systems (Elementary treatment only).
Introduction to Digital Electronics: Fundamentals of digital electronics, Number system and codes, Logic gates, Boolean algebra, Arithmetic-logic units, Flip-flops, Registers and counters, Memories:
ROM, PROM, EPROM and RAM.
Introduction to Microprocessors: The Intel-8085 microprocessor; Architecture, Instruction set, Execution of instructions, Addressing structures, Timing and machine cycles of 8085 and
programming I/O operations, Interrupts, Serial input and serial output, Programming the I/O ports, Programming the timer

MEC 312 MECHNICS OF SOLIDS II
Fixed Beams: Fixing moments for a fixed beam of uniform and variable sections, Effect of sinking support, slope and deflection.
Continuous beams: Analysis of continuous beam, Reactions at the supports, Effect of sinking of supports.
Energy Methods - Castigliano's theorems I & II applications.
Columns and Struts: Columns with one end free and the other fixed, Both ends fixed, One end fixed and other hinged, Limitation of Euler's formula, Column with initial curvature, Column carrying eccentric load, Laterally loaded columns with Central point load and Uniformly distributed load, Empirical formulae.
Bending of Curved Bars: Stresses in bars of circular, rectangular and trapezoidal sections.
Stresses due to rotation: Wheel rim, disc of uniform thickness, disc of uniform strength.
Thick cylinders subjected to internal and external pressure and compound cylinders.

MEC 313 ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS II
Properties of Pure Substance: Definition of pure substance, phase change of a pure substance, p-T (Pressure-Temperature) diagram for a pure substance, p-V-T(Pressure-Volume-Temperature) surface, phase change terminology and definitions, property Diagrams in common use, Formation of steam, Important terms relating to steam formation, Thermodynamic properties of steam and steam tables, External work done during evaporation, Internal latent heat, Internal energy of steam, Entropy of water, Entropy of evaporation, Entropy of wet steam, Entropy of superheated steam, Enthalpy Entropy
(h-s) charts for Mollier diagram, Determination of dryness fraction-Tank or bucket
calorimeter, throttling calorimeter, separating and throttling calorimeter.
Gases and Vapour Mixtures and Vapor Power Cycles : Introduction, Daltons law and Gibbs Dalton law, Volumetric Analysis of gas mixtures, Apparent molecular weight and gas constant, specific heats of gas mixture, Adaibatic mixing of perfect gases, Gas and vapour mixtures. Vapor power cycle- Rankine cycle- Reheat cycle- Regenerative cycle- Thermodynamic variables effecting efficiency and output of Rankine and Regenerative cycles- Improvements of efficiency, Binary vapour power cycle. Steam Nozzles: Type of nozzles- Flow through nozzles- Condition for maximum discharge- efficiency- Super saturated flow in nozzles- Relationship between area velocity and pressure in nozzle flow- Steam injectors.
Steam Turbines: Classification of steam turbines- Impulse turbine and reaction turbine Compounding in turbines- Velocity diagrams in impulse and reaction turbines- Degree of reaction Condition for maximum efficiency of reaction turbines- Effect of friction on turbines constructional features governing of turbines.
Condensers: Classification of condenser- Jet, Evaporative and surface condensers- Vacuum and its measurement- Vacuum efficiency- Sources of air leakage in condensers- Condenser efficiency Daltons law of partial pressures- Determination of mass of cooling water- Air pumps. Refrigeration: Bell Colemen cycle, Vapor compression cycle- effect of suction and condensing temperature on cycle performance, Properties of common refrigerants, Vapor absorption system, Electrolux refrigerator. Principles of psychrometry and Air conditioning - Psychrometric terms, psychrometric process, air conditioning systems.

Tags
andhra university

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in