2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th September 2018, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Re: Andhra University Civil Syllabus

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Syllabus of the B.tech Civil Engineering Subject Structural Analysis of the Andhra University ?
4th September 2018, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Andhra University Civil Syllabus

The Andhra University is a public university located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. It was established in 1926 and shared affiliating responsibilities with Madras University in the initial years.

The Syllabus of the B.tech Civil Engineering Subject Structural Analysis of the Andhra University is given below

STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS

UNIT I : Duties / obligations Accountability of structural engineer for the design of a structure : a)economy b)safety: (i) strength consideration (ii) stiffness consideration. Need for assessment of strength of a material analysis for strength requirement for design purposes Review of IS code provisions. Effects of force : tension, compression and shear. Stress as internally elastic resistance of a material strain property of elasticity Hookes law stress-strain diagrams. Characteristic strengths, Factors of safety and working stresses for materials and various types of application of load. Elastic strain energy, stress due to gradually applied load, sudden load, impact load and shock load. Lateral strain, Poissons ratio. Complementary shear stress, shear strain, shear modulus. Relation between modulus of elasticity, modulus of rigidity and bulk modulus. Stresses in composite assemblies due to axial load and temperature change.

UNIT II : Effect of transverse force, Shear force, Bending moment and Axial thrust diagrams for a) Cantilever b) Simply supported and c) Over hanging beams for various patterns of loading. Relation between (i) intensity of loading (ii) Shear force and (iii) Bending moment at a section. Theory of simple bending : flexural normal stress distribution. Flexural shear stress distribution for various shapes of cross section.

UNIT III : (a) Stresses on oblique plane Resultant stress Principle stress and maximum shear stress and location of their planes. Mohrs circle for various cases of stresses; (b)Theory of pure torsion for solid and hollow circular sections torsional shear stress distribution, effect of combined torsion, bending and axial thrust equivalent B.M and T.M. (c) Longitudinal and Hoop stresses in thin cylinders subjected to internal pressure. Wire wound thin cylinders.

UNIT IV : Deflections of Beams : (i) Cantilever (ii) simply supported and (iii) over hanging beams, using (a) double integration and (b) Macaulays method. Analysis for forces in members of a truss (having 9 members or less) by tension coefficient method only.

UNIT V : Graphic Statics a) Determination of Resultants of Systems of Coplanar Forces ; b) Locating Centroids of Sections of various Shapes ; c) S.F. & B.M. Diagrams for (i) Cantilever, (ii) Simple Supports, (iii) Over hanging Beams; d) Determination of Forces in Members of Trusses ( having 9 members or less) by Maxwell Diagram

Rest of the Syllabus you may get from the below Attachement that is Free to Download

Contact Information
Andhra University
Address: Waltair Junction, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003
Phone: 089128 44000

Tags
andhra university

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in