2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

1st September 2018, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Re: AMU University Polytechnic

Can you provide me the syllabus of Diploma in Civil Engineering Program offered by University Polytechnic College of AMU (Aligarh Muslim University)?
1st September 2018, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AMU University Polytechnic

The syllabus of Diploma in Civil Engineering Program offered by University Polytechnic College of AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) is as follows:

Diploma in Civil Engg I- Semester

Engineering Drawing - I
(BCE-101)

Unit-1 PRINTING:
Introduction: Need and importance of Drawing as the language of Engineers, Selection and handling of the Drawing Instruments and Equipments. Single stroke printing capitals Sub-Capitals, small, vertical and italics, with and without serif Block printing

Unit-II SCALES:
Need of a scale, Representative fraction (R.F.) and types of Scales according to the R.F. construction of plain, Diagonal and vernier Scale

Unit-III ORTHOGRAPHIC PROJECTIONS:
Introduction to I-Angle and III- Angle systems of orthographic projections Orthographic Projections of right Solid Prism and pyramid including cylinder and cone Development of Surfaces. Idea of ellips, parabola & hyperbola

RECOMMENDED BOOKS;

1. VENUGOPAL, K; New Age International (P) Limited, Publishers.
2. Gill, P.S.; S.K. Kataria & Sons.
3. Engineering Drawing; Dhawan R.K; S. Chand & Company Ltd.
4. Engineering Drawing; Gupta R.B.; Satya Prakashan

Syllabus of Diploma in Civil Engineering Program University Polytechnic College of Aligarh Muslim University

Tags
polytechnic

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in