2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th April 2018, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Re: Amrita University vs SRM University

I completed my 12th and planning to do higher studies searching for good universities came to know about Amrita University and SRM University. Will you provide basic difference and details about Amrita University vs SRM University so that I plan to join any one university?
12th April 2018, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Amrita University vs SRM University

Amrita University(Coimbatore campus)

Pros:

The university has been accredited the top grade(A+ or AAA) for a good number of period. This ranking definitely helps in campus placements and higher studies to an extent.

The number of companies coming for recruitment is fairly higher than other colleges in the state. It would easily be among top 10 or 5 in terms of placement scenario.

The curriculum is also fairly good that if you are from CBSE background you can catch up with the syllabus easily.

The campus is one of the most beautiful campus in the nation, well maintained, you get all the amenities within the campus. The architecture is simply amazing.

The lab facilities are very very good for a private university. I have not seen any IIT/NIT laboratory, but when comparing to other state affiliated colleges , ours stand apart.

The faculty - student ratio is well maintained. The strength of the entire engineering batch in a year would be only around 1200, whereas the other private universities have upto 5000-8000.

SRM University - Kattankulathur

Pros

The campus is very big, its really huge. Its like a mini township.

The classrooms are mostly air conditioned, to suit the hot weather of Chennai.

There are many tech teams like force, SRM humanoid etc, they have their own sponsors. They win a lot of competition, its really very tough to get into these teams.

The placements are fairly good too, just like Amrita many companies visit here.

I have heard the food is very good i.e, the variety and quality of the foods are way better than amrita.

The hostel facilities are good. You can choose if you need AC/Non-AC rooms, bath/without bath attached rooms etc.

They have two grand college fests namely Aarush and Milan(Tech and cultural fest). The exposure is great compared to other college fests.

The faculties are equally good here.

The freedom is more here in SRM than Amrita, in terms of going out of campus or uniforms etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in