2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th June 2015, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Amravati University BE Syllabus

As you want I am here providing you syllabus of the BE third & fourth semester computer science & engineering course offered by Amravati University.

BE third & fourth semester computer science & engineering course syllabus :

Third semester:
MATHEMATICS - III

SECTION-A

UNIT-I
Ordinary differential equations:- Complete solution, Operator D,Rules for finding complementary function, the inverse operator, Rules for finding the particular integral, Method of variations of parameters, Cauchy’s an Legendre’s linear differential equations. (10 Hrs.)

UNIT-II
Laplace transforms:- definition, standard forms, properties of Laplace transform, inverse Laplace transform,initial and final value theorem, convolution theorem, Laplace transform of impulse function, Unit step function, Laplace transforms of periodic function solution of Linear differential equations, Simultaneous differential equation by Laplace transform method. (10 Hrs.)

UNIT-III
a) Difference equation:- solution of difference equations of first order Solution of difference equations of higher order with constant co-efficients,

b) Z-transform:- Definition, standard forms, Z-transform of impulse function, Unit step functions, Properties of Z-transforms (linearity,shifting,multiplication by k, change of scale), initial and final values, inverse Z-transforms (by direct division and partial fraction), Solution of difference equation by Z-transforms. (10 Hrs.)

SECTION-B

UNIT-IV
a) Fourier transforms:- Definition, standard forms,inverse Fourier trnasforms, properties of Fourier transforms, convolution theorem, Fourier sine and Fourier cosine transforms and integrals.

b) Prtial differential equation of first order of following form:-

UNIT-V
Complex Analysis :- Functions of complex variables, Analytic function, Cauchy-Reimann conditions, Harmonic function, Harmonic conjugate functions, Milne’s method conformal mappings (translation, rotation,magnification,and bilinear transformation),singular points, expansion of function in Tayler’s and Laurent’s series. (10 Hrs.)

UNIT -VI
Vector calculas:- Scalar and vector point functions, Differentiation of vectors, Curves in space, Gradient of a scalar point function, Directional derivatives, Divergence and curl of a vector point function and their physical meaning, expansion formulae (with out proof), line, surface, volume integrals,irrotational and solenoidal vetor fields. (10 Hrs.)
Programming Methodology

SECTION-A (8 Hrs./Unit)

Unit I:
Introduction to Computer and Languages, OOPS and Software development: Software Engineering and SDLC. Java Basics: Program Components, Compilation cycle. Introduction to Applet and Application, Data types and Variables

UnitII :
Operators: Arithmetic operators, relational operators, Assignment operators. Control statement: Selection statement: if, nested if, switch statement. Repetition statements: while, do-while, for, nested loops. Introduction to Math class. Arrays: Basics, One dimensional, Multidimensional, Array of Objects, Passing array to method.

Unit III:
Introducing classes, class fundamentals, declaring objects, methods, class data,& instance data, constructor, this keyword, access control, Introduction to String and String Buffer classes

SECTION-B

Unit IV:
Applet class and its methods, Introduction to AWT, AWT classes: Button, TextField, Label. Working with Graphics, Working with colors, AWT controls, Fundamentals: Adding and removing controls, responding to control.

Unit V:
Event handling: Event handling mechanism, Delegation Event model, Event, EventListener: ActionListener, mouseListener, mouseMotionListener, windowListener, Using delegation Event model: Handling mouse events, Adapter classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstract classes and Interface, Packages

Unit VI:
Java File I/O: File, FileDialog object, Low and High level File I/O, the Stream classes, Byte Stream: Input stream, Output stream, File Input stream, File Output stream, Data Input stream, Data Output stream, PrintWriter, Exception handling: Exception types, uncaught Exceptions using try and catch, throw, throws, finally. GUI objects programming: Frame class, menus and other GUI objects.

DISCRETE STRUCTURE

SECTION ‘A’ (8 Hrs./Unit)

UNIT I:-
Mathematical Logic :

Statements & Notation,Connectives,Normal forms,The theory of inference for the statement calculus : Validity using truth tables, predicate calculus.

UNIT II :-
Set Theory :
Basic concepts,Relation and ordering,Functions,Recursive function.Sets & Predicates.

UNIT III :-
Algebraic Structures :
Semigroups and Monoids,Product & Quotients of semigroups,Grammers & Languages,Polish expression & their compilition, Groups, Product and Quotients of Groups.

SECTION ‘B’

UNIT IV :-
Lattice & Boolean Algebra:-

Lattices,Partially ordered sets,Boolean Algebra,Functions on Boolean Algebras, Boolean Functions as Boolean Polynomials,Minimization of Boolean Functions.

UNIT V:-
Graph Theory :

Basic concepts,Paths,reachability & connectedness,Matrix representation of graphs,Trees:tree searching,Undirected trees,Minimal spanning trees.

UNIT VI:-
Compultability theory:-

Finite state machines,Finite state acceptors and regular grammers.Turning, machines and partial recursive function

ELECTRONIC DEVICES & CIRCUITS

section-a

Unit I :
Diodes : characteristics of semiconductor diodes,diode resistanse. Rectifying circuits & do power supplies,HWR,FWR,BR,comparison. Filter circuits for power supplies: inductor, Capacitor, LC, IT Filters.

UNIT II :
Concept of amplification,Ai,Av and Ap; Ri,Ro.Conversion efficiency. Basic transistor operation,Basic characteristics of transistor amplifier. Transistor input characteristics,CB amplifier CC amplifier.

UNIT III:
The CE amplifier Graphical analysis, Input & output resistance, input wave form consideration, comparison of amplifiers. Transistor biasing : Stability Factor, CB bias , Emitter bias, Bias compensation.

section-b

UNIT IV :
Oscillatars : Effect of positive feedback. phase-shift oscillator, Wein-Bridge oscillator, RC Oscillator, Transistor as a switch, switching time in transistors, Multivibrators.

UNIT V :
FET amplifiers: Advantages & disadvantages of FET. Principle of operation, characteristics, Comman source AC amplifier. Fixed Bias. source follower, Frequency Response. Introduction is Mosfets.

UNIT VI:
Opto electronic Devices : fundamentals of light, photoconductive sensors, photodiodes, phototransistors, their principle of operation & applications.photovoltaic sensors.photoemiss ive sensors.Light emitters,Alphanumeric displays. photocouplers.

Object Oriented Technologies

section-a

unit I.
Objects & Classes in C++ : Declaring & using classes, Constructors, Objects as functions arguments, Copy Constructor, Static class data. Arrays of objects, C++ String class.

unit II.
Operator overloading : Overloading unary & binary operators. Data conversion. Pitfalls of operator overloading. Pointers & arrays. Pointers & functions. new & delete operators. Pointers for objects.

unit III.
Inheritance in C++ : Derived class & base class, Derived class constructors, Function overloading, class hierarchies, Public and private inheritance, Multiple inheritance. Containership : classes within classes.

section-b

unit IV.
Virtual functions concepts, Abstracts classes & pure virtual functions. Virtual base classes, Friend functions, Static functions, Assignment and copy initialization, the this pointer. Dynamic type information.

unit V.
Streams & Files in C++ : Stream classes, stream errors, disk file I/O with streams, File pointers, Error handling in file I/O. File I/O with members functions, overloading the extractions & insertion operators, Memory as a stream object, command-line arguments. Multifile programs.

UNIT VI.
Function Template, Class templates, Exception syntax, Multiple exceptions, exception with arguments. Introduction to the Standard Template Library. Algorithms, Sequential Containers, Iterates, Specialized iterates, Associative containers. Function objects.

for more details here i am giving pdf file

BE third & fourth semester computer science & engineering course syllabus
Attached Files
File Type: doc Amravati University BE Syllabus.doc (420.0 KB, 175 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in