2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th June 2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Amity University PhD Physics

Here I am giving you the subject list of Phd in physics offered by Amity University.
The candidate has to choose two out of the subject given below for Phd sem 1st.

Particle Accelerators and Reactor Physics
Non –conventional Energy Sources
Laser Physics
Advance Polymer Chemistry
Computer Programming using ‘C’ Language
Experimental Techniques
Numerical Methods and Data Analysis
Optical Fibers and Communication
Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
Nan materials and Devices
20th March 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me in detail about the PhD Physics course offered by Amity University as I want to take admission in it? Give me the contact detail of the University?
20th March 2015, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Amity University is a private - Research university which has campuses in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Greater Noida, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Noida, Patna, Pune, London, Dubai, Singapore, Mauritius, New Jersey, and China.

Ph.D in Physics :

Eligibility :
Master's Degree in Physics/Material Science OR M.Tech in Aerospace Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Engineering /Mechanical Engineering/ Metallurgical Engineering/ Computer Science with a minimum of 55% marks or grade point average.

Duration :
2 Yr(s)

Admission Procedure

Applications for admission to PhD Programs are accepted twice a year, October - December for January session and April - June for July session. PhD Programs at Amity University are offered both on Full Time and Part Time basis.

The Admission Form is to be filled online by paying an amount of Rs1100/- with a credit card/ Debit card. No hard copies will be accepted.

Qualifying candidates are required to take an Entrance Test followed by the Interview on the date selected

Entrance Test
The Entrance Test is of one and half hour duration and of 70 marks consisting of 95 objective type of questions. The Entrance Test have two Sections

SECTION 1 – GENERAL
It is common to all the Applicants for testing the General Knowledge & Research Aptitude, covering questions from following area:

General Awareness
English Language
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Analysis
Data Analysis and Interpretation

SECTION 2 – PROGRAM SPECIFIC
It is Program / Subject Specific i.e. as per proposed PhD Programme of the applicant. (viz Management, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Physics, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Microbiology, Psychology, English etc)

It is divided into two parts – 25 questions shall be from the PhD Programme subject & 20 questions from the PhD Programme subject / allied subject.

Course Structure
Research Methodology

Electives:
Choose any two from the following :
Optical Fibers and Communication
Digital Electronics and Microprocessors
Material Science
Nuclear and Reactor Physics
Non –conventional Energy Sources
Laser and their Applications
Plasma Physics
Space and Rocketry Science
Liquid Crystal and Display Technology
Advance Polymer Chemistry
Computer Programming using ‘C’ Language
Experimental Techniques
Numerical Methods and Data Analysis

Contact Detail:
Amity University
Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303 ‎

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Amity+University+&hl=en&ll=28.545417,77.333 214&spn=0.009066,0.020428&sll=40.040561,-75.155175&sspn=0.007902,0.020428&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Tags
admission hyderabad

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in