| If you have a Facebook Account? Ask your Question Here|
You are required the AMCAT sample question papers for Undergraduates. Here I ma providing you the AMCAT Sample Papers 2012-2013 for Undergraduate
1.For a particle moving in a horizontal circular path with constant speed, which of the following statements is correct?
(1) Kinetic energy is constant
(2) Potential energy is constant
(3) Both kinetic energy and potential energy are constant
(4) Neither kinetic energy nor potential energy is constant
2.In a projectile motion, the velocity is
(1) never perpendicular to the acceleration
(2) always perpendicular to the acceleration
(3) perpendicular to the acceleration at one instant only
(4) perpendicular to the acceleration at two instants.
3.It is easier to draw up a wooden block along an inclined plane than haul it up vertically, because
(1) friction is reduced
(2) mass becomes smaller
(3) only a part of the weight has to be overcome
(4) ‘g’ becomes smaller
4. A spring balance is attached to the ceiling of a lift. A man hangs his bag on the spring and the balance reads 49 N when the lift is stationary. If the lift moves downwards with an acceleration of 5 m/s2, the reading on the spring balance would be
(1) 24 N (2) 74 N (3) 50 N (4) 49 N
5. Identical strings of steel and copper (YS > YCu) are equally stretched. Which of the following is true?
(1) Less work is done on the Steel spring
(2) Less work is done on the Copper spring
(3) Equal work is done on both the springs
(4) None of the above
1. When is there more deviation in behaviour of a gas from the ideal gas equation PV = nRT?
(1) At high temperature and low pressure
(2) At low temperature and high pressure
(3) At high temperature and high pressure
(4) At low temperature and low pressure
2. An atom A forms an ionic bond with an atom B by complete transfer of one electron to B. If internuclear distance is 2.67 × 10–10 m and charge on electron is 1.602 × 10–19 C, the dipole moment of the bond is
(1) 4.277 × 10–29 cm (2) 3.09 × 10–30 cm
(3) 1.96 × 10–30 cm (4) 4.56 × 10–28 cm
3. Para and ortho hydrogen differ in
(1) atomic number (2) atomic mass
(3) spins of protons (4) number of neutrons
4. Unpleasant smelling carbylamines are formed by heating alkali with chloroform with
(1) Any aliphatic amine (2) Any amine
(3) Chloropicrin (4) Any primary amine
5. The correct sequence of decrease in the bond angles of the following hydrides are
(1) NH3 > PH3 > AsH3 > SbH3 (2) NH3 > AsH3 > PH3 > SbH3
(3) SbH3 > AsH3 > PH3 > NH3 (4) PH3 > NH3 > AsH3 > SbH3
1. In a certain office (1/3) of the workers are women, (1/2) of the women are married and (1/3) of the married women have children. If (3/4) of the men are married and (2/3) of the married men have children, what part of workers are without children?
(1) 5/18 (2) 4/9 (3) 11/18 (4) 17/36
2. What least number be added to 5200 to get a number exactly divisible by 180?
(1) 160 (2) 60 (3) 20 (4) 180
3. The difference between a discount of 35% and two successive discounts of 20% and 20% on a certain bill was Rs. 22. Find the amount of the bill.
(1) Rs. 1100 (2) Rs. 200
(3) Rs. 2200 (4) Data inadequate
4. The average age of A and B is 20 years. If C were to replace A, the average would be 19 and if C were to replace B, the average would be 21. What are the ages of A, B and C?
(1) 22, 18, 20 (2) 18, 22, 20
(3) 22, 20, 18 (4) 18, 20, 22
5. A number when divided by 32 leaves the remainder 29. This number when divided by 8 will leave the remainder
(1) 3 (2) 5 (3) 7 (4) 29
1. Which of the following have no interorganelle membranes?
(1) Fungi (2) Bacteria
(3) Diatoms (4) Dinoflagellates
2. Cell wall of diatom consists of
(1) Silica only (2) Peptic substances
(3) Both (1) and (2) (4) None of these
3. Yeast is an important source of
(1) Vitamin A (2) Vitamin D
(3) Vitamin C (4) Riboflavin
4. Fern gametophytes do not have
(1) Chlorophyll (2) Rhizoids
(3) Sex organs (4) Tracheids
5. Pollen tube of gymnosperm is commonly
(1) Unbranched and rich in starch (2) Branched and lacks starch
(3) Branched and rich in starch (4) Unbranched and lacks starch
1. Directions: Choose the word that is almost similar in meaning to the word in capital letters.
(1) puzzle (2) orthodox
(3) sink (4) gratitude
2. Directions: Choose the word that is opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
(1) stimulate (2) curb
(3) allay (4) redress
3. Directions: In the following question a part of the sentence is underlined. Beneath each sentence there are four ways of phrasing the underlined part. Choose the answer that expresses most effectively what is presented in the original sentence. The boss was very displeased for my conduct.
(1) on my conduct (2) to my conduct
(3) at my conduct (4) in my conduct
4. Directions: In each sentence there is a blank. Choose the word or phrase that completes the sentence.
A firework suddenly . . . unexpectedly.
(1) fired off (2) went off
(3) blew off (4) broke up
5. Directions: Each of the questions consists of two words in capital letters, which have a certain relationship to each other. Choose the pair from the options given below which has the same relationship as the original pair.
DISTANCE : MILE
(1) liquid : pint (2) weight : scale
(3) ton : iron (4) well : water
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|EIL Model Questions Papers||manisha sharma||Main Forum||2||7th October 2013 06:52 PM|
|BFA Entrance Exam Model Papers||Prasenjit Dey.j||Main Forum||3||4th June 2013 11:33 AM|
|SMU Model Question Papers||sanhy||Main Forum||1||19th January 2013 10:03 AM|
|APPSC model papers of group 4||Unregistered||Main Forum||1||10th December 2012 11:25 AM|
|ICET Model Papers Download||naveen_120.3||Main Forum||1||28th November 2012 03:18 PM|
|ICET Model Papers Download||Unregistered||Main Forum||1||28th November 2012 10:12 AM|
|IIT JEE model papers download||brajraj1010101||Main Forum||1||23rd November 2012 04:09 PM|
|CDS model papers||rajat.r||Main Forum||1||23rd October 2012 11:42 AM|
|VTU Model Question papers 7th Sem CSE||bandaru venkatesh.t||Main Forum||1||19th October 2012 11:13 AM|
|TNOU BBA Model Question Papers||wilfy.l||Main Forum||1||15th October 2012 10:33 AM|
|VTU model question papers 3rd SEM CSE||nankani.neha||Main Forum||1||6th October 2012 06:39 PM|
|TET Model Papers Social||Dr. yogesh.||Main Forum||1||2nd October 2012 02:05 PM|
|UPSC Model Test Papers||Ranjan Sahoo||Main Forum||1||22nd September 2012 12:14 PM|
|APGENCO Model Papers for Mechanical||metu kaushik.||Main Forum||1||22nd August 2012 04:09 PM|
|APGENCO model papers||mohamed omar||Main Forum||1||8th August 2012 04:15 PM|
|CPT Model Test Paper||Hiamnshugarg||Main Forum||1||7th August 2012 04:40 PM|
|GAIL model papers||ashishloyal||Main Forum||1||4th August 2012 11:57 AM|
|LAWCET Exam Model Papers||sriram tulisetti||Main Forum||1||21st July 2012 10:47 AM|
|CBSE Model Papers for Class 10||Shivraj||Main Forum||1||7th July 2012 05:50 PM|
|APPSC Group 2 Model Papers PDF||sayan datta||Main Forum||1||7th July 2012 04:52 PM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|