2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

9th August 2018, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Re: Allahabad University UGAT Sample Papers

Can you provide me the Syllabus for UGAT - Entrance Test for B.Sc. (Home Science) of Allahabad University on which the question paper is based?
9th August 2018, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Allahabad University UGAT Sample Papers

The Syllabus for UGAT - Entrance Test for B.Sc. (Home Science) of Allahabad University on which the question paper is based is as follows:

UNIT - I
Food and Nutrition:

Nutrients found in food:
Classification, chemical composition, sources, recommended dose, need of energy, digestion of food, absorption and metabolism
Balanced diet: meaning, need and importance
Menu planning: according to need of person, availability of food and season, menu plan for child, pregnant women, old age and sick people.
Food poisoning; types and results
Bacterial poisoning (Clostidium botulinum, Perifegence, Staphylo cocci, Salmonella bacillus, Serius poisoning) food safety, uses of drug.
Processing of food and effect of processing on food.
Weight and measurement: knowledge of weight and measurement through spoon, glass, cup, bowl, use of weighing balance, chemical balance and precaution.
Knowledge of acid, base and pH.
Knowledge of chemical disinfectant.

Food preparation:
(i) Techniques and methods of cooking, Medium of cooking, (dry and wet methods of cooking), choice of method of cooking and quality of food. New developments in cooking:
Microwave cooking
Technologies that do not harm the environment such as, solar cooking, biogas.
Techniques and Methods of cooking: Principles of cooking; reasons for cooking food. Classification of cooking methods; new developments in cooking: microwave, solar cooking and bio gas.
(ii) Preliminary treatment of foods before cooking.
Common pre-cooking procedures e.g. (a) cleaning/washing (b) peeling (c) cutting (d) pounding; (e) grinding (f) beating/whipping (g) soaking (h) mixing (i) kneading (j) grating.
(iii) Effects of cooking on food components: Carbohydrates - starch, sugar, pectin, cellulose; Proteins; Oils and Fats; Minerals and Vitamins.

Syllabus UGAT - Entrance Test for B.Sc. (Home Science) Allahabad University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in