2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th October 2014, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: For all subjects of class 10th ICSE board examination Last year question papers

As you are saying that you are going to give an exam of board exam of class 10th ICSE Maths so, here I am providing you the previous year question paper that you want:

Here is question paper in the form of image you can see that:

English paper1
Question 1

(Do not spend more than 35 minutes on this question).
Write a composition (350 – 400 words) on any one of the following: [251]

(a) Write an original short story that begins with the words: It wasn’t going to be easy she knew … but somehow she had to confron him. She took a deep breath, and walked into the room.
(b) “Money causes more harm than good.” Express your view either for or against this statement.
(c) People/play a very important role in our lives. Describe in vivid detail, any one person and show how he/she has been a very special influence in your life.
(d) Modes of Communication are continually changing. What .are some of these changes? Say which one change you like best and why?
(e} Study the picture given below. Write a story or a description or an account of what it suggests to you. Your composition may be about the subject of the picture or you may take suggestions from it, however, there must be a clear connection between the picture and your composition.

ICSE Class X Exam Question Papers 2012: English Paper – 1 Image by AglaSem

Question 2

{Do not spend more than 20 minutes on this question.)

Select one of the following: [10]

(a) Many areas near your school have been affected by floods. You are President of your school social service club. Write a letter to the Mayor of your town/city telling him/her what you plan to do for the relief of the victims, suggest ways in which you can combine with other organisations to bring about better distribution of relief items.

(b) You were taken by your school to visit a place of historical interest. Write a letter to your classmate who was unable to go on the trip telling him/ her about the trip, why it was important and what you gained from the experience.

Question 3

Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow: It was a dull autumn day and Jill Pole was crying behind the gym.

She was crying because they had been bullying her. This is not going to be a school story, so I shall say as little as possible about Jill’s school, which is not a pleasant subject. It was Co-educational, a school for both boys and girls, what used to be called a “mixed” school; some said it was not nearly so mixed as the minds of the people who ran it. These people had the idea that boys and girls should be allowed to do what they liked. And unfortunately what ten or fifteen of the biggest boys and girls liked best was bullying the others. All sorts of things, horrid things, went on which at an ordinary school would have been found out and stopped in half a term, but at this school they weren’t. Or even if they were, the people who did them were not expelled or punished. The Head said they were interesting psychological cases and sent for them and talked to them for hours. And if your knew the right sort of things to say to the Head, the main result was that you became rather favourite than otherwise.

That was why Jill Pole was crying on that dull autumn day on the damp little path which runs between the back of the gym and the shrubbery. And she hadn’t nearly finished her cry when a boy came round the corner of the gym whistling, with his hands in his pockets. He nearly ran into her. “Can’t you look where you’re going?” said Jill Pole.

“All right,” said the boy, “you needn’t startw” and then he noticed her face, “I say, Jill,” he said, “what’s up?”
Jill only made faces; the sort you make when you’re trying to say something but find that if you speak you’ll start crying again.

“It’s Them, I suppose — as usual,” said the boy grimly, digging his hands further into his pockets.
Jill nodded. There was no need for her to say anything, even if she could have said it. They both knew.

“Now, look here,” said the boy, “its no use …”
He meant well, but he did talk rather like someone beginning a lecture. Jill suddenly flew into a temper (which is quite a likely thing to happen if you have been interrupted in a cry).

“Oh, go away and mind you own business,” she said. “Nobody asked you to come barging in, did they? And you’re a nice person to start telling us what we all ought to do, aren’t you? I suppose you mean we ought to spend all our time sucking up to Them, and currying favour, and dancing attendance on Them like you do.”

“Oh, Lord!” said the boy, sitting down on the grassy bank at the edge of the shrubbery and very quickly getting up again because the grass was soaking

wet. His name unfortunately was Eustace Scrubb, but he wasn’t a bad sort. “Jilll” he said. Is that fair?”

“I d-don’t know and I don’t care,” sobbed Jill.

Eustace saw that she wasn’t quite herself yet and very sensibly offered her a peppermint. He had one too. Presently Jill began to see things in a clearer light.

“I’m sorry, Eustace,” she said presently

(a) Give the meaning of each of the following words as used in the passage. One word answers or short phrases will be accepted.

(1) bullying
(2] expelled
(3) barging [3]
(b) Answer the following questions briefly in your own words:
(1] Why was Jill crying? [2]
(2) Why do you think she was crying behind the gym? [2]
(3) Who is the ‘Them’ referred to in line 24? [2]
(4) Why did Jilt fly into a temper? [2]
(5) Which sentences tell us that both Jill and Eustace Scrubble had sufferes similarly? [2]
(6) When did Jill begin to see things differently?

(c) (1) What kind of school did the children go top Write your,answer in not more than 60 words. [8]
(ii) Give a title to your summary in 3 (c). Give a reason to justify your choice. [2]

Question 4

(a) Fill in each of the numbered blanks with the correct form of the word given in brackets. Do not copy the passage, but write in correct serial order the word or phrase appropriate to the blank space.

Example:

(O) My guide_______________ (tell) me if I wanted to meet these people I would have to walk two miles.
Answer: told.

We finally (1)______________ (reach) a village where I (2)_______________ (meet) a lady whose age I (3)______________ (can) not immediately make out. My translator (4)________________ {find) it difficult to interpret the lady’s words because her dialect was quite different. She (5) ……………. (is) a dark-skinned and dark-haired lady. She must have been around seventy years old but there was no grey in her hair. She obviously could not afford to dye her hair. So what was her secret? Nobody (6) ………….. (know). It must have been a ‘secret’ common to all for not one person in that whole village (7)___________ (has) a trace of grey hair! I (8) ___________(think) about it for a long time. [4]

(b) Fill in the blanks with appropriate word:

(1) He was touched_____________pity when he heard the tale.
(2) There is always a demand_____________ good tailors.
(3) The mother prevented her child ……………… going out in the rain.

(4) The baby crawled ……………… the table and hid there.

(5) Once upon a time the great King ruled ………………………………………… …… all these villages. and towns.

(6) She is the smarter …………………………………….. the two.

(7) Sheila insists ……………………………….. wearing that dress, although her mother thinks it is too short for her.

(8) The teacher complained ………………………………………… …………….. him when she met his mother in the market…………………………………… ………………………………………… ………………………….. [4]

(c) Join the following sentences to make one complete sentence without using and, but or so.

(1) He lived in the city for many years. He could not find his way about.

(2) She complained that her brother did not know anything. Her brother claimed he knew everything.

(3) The coffee isn’t strong. It won’t keep us awake.

(4) I finished my homework. I switched on the TV. [4]

(d) Re-write the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each sentence.

(1) “My mother left a month ago {Begin: It has ………………………………………… ……….. }

(2) Anil was wrong to lose his temper. (Begin: Ani} ought ………………………………………… ………… )

(3) As soon as the Chief Guest had seated himself the play began. (Begin: No sooner ……………………………… )

(4) Rajiv said to Arjun, “Is this i the book you were reading yesterday?” (Begin: Rajiv asked Ariun if ………………………………)

(5)Only a foolish person would be taken in by this trick.
(Begin: None ………………………………………… …… )

(6)Everybody has heard of Gandhiji.
(Begin: Who ………………………………………… ……. )

(7)He will issue the cheque only when he hears from the head office.
(Begin: On ……………………………… )

(8)Father will send you a message if his flight is cancelled.
(Begin: Should ……………………………… )

English paper2
SECTION A – DRAMA

As You Like it: Duzkespeare

Question I

Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow:

Duke Senior : Here feel we but the penalty of Adam, The seasons’ difference, as, the icy fang And Churlish chiding of the winter’s wind; Which, when it bites and blows upon my body, Even till I shrink with cold, I smile and say ‘This is no flattery: these are counsellors That feelingly persuade me what I am.’ Sweet are the uses of adversity, Which like a toad, ugly and venomous, ……

(1) Where does this scene take place? Why is Duke Senior here? To whom is he talking? [3]

(2) How does he address his listeners at the beginning of his speech? Why is the present location more free from danger than the court? [3]

(3) What do you understand by the line-

”Here feel we but the penalty of Adam/The seasons’ difference…”? What was the old belief about the toad? [3]

(iv) In what way does the Duke find good in everything that he sees about him? What does it reveal about his character? [3]

(v} Jacques moralises on the wounded deer by comparing it to the actions of human beings. What does he say in this regard? [4]

Question 2

Adam : Know you not, master, to some kind of men Their graces serve them but as enemies? No more do yours: your virtues, gentle master, Are sanctified and holy traitors to you. O, what a world is this, when what is comely Envenoms him that bears it!

Orlando: Why, what’s the matter?

Adam : 0 unhappy youth

(i) Who is Adam? Where are Adam and Orlando now? Who is the enemy of Orlando’s graces? [3]

(ii) Explain in your own words the meaning of “O, what a world is this, when what is comely Envenoms him that bears it!” What warning does Adam go on to give Orlando immediately after the extract? [3]

(iii) What does Adam say and do to show his love and affection for Orlando? [3]

(iv) What comment does Orlando make on Adam’s sense of devotion to duty? [3]

(v) How does Orlando act on the advice given by Adam? What are your feelings for Adam? Give a reason to justify your feelings for Adam. [4]

Loyalties: John Galsworthy

Question 3

Margaret : Here’s the wind!

Winsor : What’s the move now, General?

Canynge : You and I had better see the Inspector in De Levis’s room, Winsor. [To the others] If you’ll all be handy, in case he wants to put questions for himself.

Margaret : I hope he’ll want me; it’s just too thrilling.

Dancy : I hope he won’t want me; I am dog-tired. Come on Mabel. [He puts his atJ~t in his wife's.]

Canynge : Just a minute, Charles.

(i)Who is Winsor? What does Margaret mean by ‘here’s the wind['? Where is the scene taking place? [3]

(ii) What does Canynge say to Winsor immediately after the extract? What reply does Winsor give to Canynge? [3]

(iii) Who enters soon after? What two things had he been asked to do earlier?[3]

(iv) Who is De Levis? Whom does he suspect for the theft of his money? Canynge also suspects this same person later on. What is the basis of his suspicions? [3]

(v)How did De Levis have such a large amount of money on him that day? [4]

Question 4

Graviter : No. I suppose not. [A pause] By Jove, I don’t like losing this case. I don’t like the admission we backed such a wrong ‘un.

Twisden : Impossible to go on.

(i) Who are Graviter and Twisden? What ‘case’ are they discussing? Why does Graviter feel that he will lose the case? [3]

(ii) What was the latest evidence put forward which convinced them of the thiefs identity? [3]

(iii) How can you say that Twisden is loyal to his profession? What does Twisden ask Graviter to do immediately after this? [3]

(iv) What does Twisden advise Dancy to do? Later~ in the play, De Levis calls on Twisden. Briefly state what is the purpose of this visit. [3]

(v) How does Mabel show loyalty to her husband? Mention any one character trait of Ronald Dancy that appeals to you. What happens to him in the end? [4]

SECTION B–POETRY

The Golden Lyre

Question 5

He did not feel the driver’s whip,

Nor the burning heat of day;

For Death had illumined the Land of Sleep,

And his lifeless body lay

A worn-out fetter, that the soul

Had broken and thrown away!

(The Salve’s Dream: H. W. Longfellow)

(i) Explain in your own words the meaning of ‘A worn,out fetter, that the soul Had broken and thrown away! [3]

(ii) Where does ‘he’ lie in the beginning of the poem? In what condition does he lie there? [3]

(iii)Whom does ‘he’ see once more? What do they do to him? [3]

(iv)What does ‘he’ hear at night? How does it pass? [3]

(v)In the poem it is said that ‘he started in his sleep and smiled ‘. Why does he start and smile? How has the poem appealed to you? Give a reason to justify your answer. [4]

Question 6

I remember the night my mother

was stung by a scorpion. Ten hours

of steady rain had driven him

to crawl beneath a sack of rice.

Parting with his poison–flash

of diabolic tail in the dark room–

he risked the rain again.

(Night of the Scorpion: Nissim Ezekiel)

(i)Explain in your own words the meaning of, ‘Parting with his poisonmflash of diabolic tail in the dark room he risked the rain again. [3]

(ii)Who comes immediately after this exact? What do they do and why? [3]

(iii)What is said about the previous birth and the next birth by those who have come? [3]

(iv) What is said about the father? What does the father do? [3]

(v) How long did it take for the poison to lose its sting? What does the mother say at the end? What is your opinion about what the mother says? [4]

SECTION C—- PROSE
A Treasure Trove of Short Stories

Question 7

‘You go up to bed,’ I said. ‘You’re sick.’

‘I’m all right,’ he said

When the doctor came he took the boy’s temperature.

‘What is it?’ I asked him.

‘One hundred and two’.

Downstairs, the doctor left three different medicines in different coloured capsules with instructions for giving them.

(i)When the boy came into the room to shut the window what did his father notice about him? [3]

(ii)After the doctor left the room, the father wished to read to the boy mries about pirates. Why did he choose such stories? What showed that the boy was not interested in what he was reading? [3]

(iii) Why didn’t the boy want his father to stay with him in the room? When the father returned a little later, what was the boy’s reaction? How did the father find him? [3]

(iv) Why did the boy fear that he was going to die? How was this fear removed? [3]

(v) How does the story end? In what way does the boy in the story represent children in general ?[4]

Question 8

In the story ‘The Case for the Defence ‘. the author says that it was the strangest murder trial he had ever attemied. Give details from the story to bring out the truth of this statement. [16]

Animal Farm: George Orwell

Question 9

One day in early summer Squealer ordered the sheep to follow him and led them out to a piece of waste ground at the other end of the farm, which had become overgrown with birch saplings. The sheep spent the whole day there browsing at the leaves under Squealer’s supervision.

(i) Who is Squealer? What are we told immediately after the extract?[3]

(ii) What happens on a pleasant evening when the animals, after completion of their work, are returning to the farm? [3]

(iii) Narrate briefly the sight that is seen by the animals in the yard. [3]

(iv) What is the effect of what they see on the animals? What do the sleep suddenly bleat out? [3]

(v) ‘That evening loud laughter and bursts of singing came from the farmhouse.’ Describe briefly the scene that was seen by the ~j~er-struck animals. [4]

Question 10

How do the pigs, under the leadership of Napoleon, cleverly deceive the other animals of ‘Animal Farm’ and slowly but surely, take over its ownership, living royally and luxuriously, while the others sweat it out. Give examples from the text to substantiate your answer. [16]

To Sir, With Love : E.R. Braithwaite

Question 11

“Has he been in any previous trouble?” the Chairman of Magistrates asked. A probation officer rose and stepped forward.

“No previous record, Sir. The other boy, the victim of the attack, appeared in this court last month before you; that case of the boy, who burnt his mother with the hot poker. He’s under a supervision order for one calendar year.”

(i) Who is ‘he’ in the passage? Where is the incident taking place? Who is the ‘other boy~ mentioned in the extract? [3]

(ii) What are the charges that have been brought against the accused? [3]

(iii) What does the Chairman of Magistrates say to the accused? What is the condition of the accused? [3]

(iv) Narrate the story told by the father of the accused to the teachers about the incident. [3]

(v)What judgment is passed by the Chairman of Magistrates regarding the accused? [4]

Question 12

With close reference to a few incidents from the story, show how the class, slowly but surely gets rid of their prejudice against their new teacher. [16]

Social studies
Question 1

(a)Name the law making body of the Union Government. [1]
(b)What is the difference in the term of office between the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha? [1]
(c)Name the bill which cannot originate in the Rajya Sabha. [1]
(d)What is a bicameral legislature? Name any one state that has a bicameral legislature. [1]
(e) Who settles disputes arising in connection with the election of the President of India? [11 ]
(f)Which body formulates the foreign policy of.India? [1]
(g) Mr. Ajay veer Singh is a member.of the Lok Sabha. Can he be appointed as a Governor of a State? If so, under what criterion? [1]
(h) Who presides over the meetings of the state cabinet? [1]
(0) What is the tenure of a Judge of the Supreme Court? [1]
(1) How does the High Court protect the Fundamental Rights of individuals? [1]

Question 2

(a) What was Nana Saheb’s grievance against the British? {2]
(b) State any two repressive policies of Lord Curzon. [2]
(c) Mention two reasons for the Moderates’ faith in the British sense of justice. [2]
(d) When was the Muslim League formally founded? Who presided over its session at Dhaka? [2]
(e) Name the party formed by Subh. ash Chandra Bose. What was its immediate objective? [2]
(f) What was mentioned in the Cabinet Mission Plan regarding Provincial Autonomy? [2]
(g) Give twb similarities in the foreign policies of Mussolini and Hitler. [2]
(h) Name the signatory countries of the Triple Alliance (1882). State the rival bloc that was formed. [2]
(i) Who appoints the Secretary General of the United Nations? [2]
(j) What do you understand by the term ‘Human Rights’? When is Human Rights Day celebrated each year? [2]

PART II (50 Marks)

SECTION A

Attempt any two questions from this Section

Question 3

With reference to the Union Parliament, answer the following questions:

(a} What is the maximum strength of the Lok Sabha provided by the constitution?

How many members does the President nominate to the Lok Sabha?
How are members to the Lok Sabha elected? [3]

(b) The two Houses of the Parliament enjoy co-equal powers in many spheres–explain it by giving any three examples [3]

(c) Explain any four of Rajya Sabha’s powers in India’s federal set up. [4]

Question 4

The President of India is the Head of the Indian Republic while the Governor is the Head of the State Government. In this context, answer the following questions:
(a) Besides being a citizen of India, state three other qualifications required by a person to be eligible to be the Governor of a state. [3]
(b) Enumerate three similar features in the legislative powers of the President and the Governor. [3]
(c) Under what circumstances can the President of India declare an emergency in the country? [4]

Question 5

The High Court is the apex of the judiciary in the state. In this contdxt, answer the following questions:

(a) State the composition of the High Court. State the qualifications required to become a High Court Judge. [3] (b) Why is the High Court also known as a Court of Record? [2]
(c) (1) What is the meaning of Lok Adalat. [2}
(2) State any three advantages of the Lok Adalat. [3]

SECTION B

Attempt any three questions from this Section.

Question 6

With reference to Nationalism and the birth of the Indian National Congress, explain each of the following:

(a) Vernacular Press Act, 1878 [3]
(b) Role of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan in the formation of the Muslim League. [3]
(c) State any four immediate objectives of the Indian National Congress. [4]

Question 7

One of Lord Curzon’s administrative measures that resulted in a strong resentment from the masses was the Partition of Bengal in 1905. In this context, answer the following questions:
(a)What was Lord Curzon’s argument in favour of Partition of Bengal? How did the nationalists interpret Lord Curzon’s motives? [4]
(b) How did the people react to the Partition of Bengal? [3]
(c) What was the impact of the Swadeshi Movement on Indian Industries? [4]

Question 8

Gandhiji introduced new ideas in politics and adopted new methods to give a new direction to the political movement. In this context, answer the following questions:

(a) Gandhiji’s doctrine of Satyagraha.[3]
(b) Gandhiji’s Social Ideals.[3]
(c) Which mass struggle was launched by him on non-violent lines in 19207
Explain in brief the programmes of such a campaign. [4]

ICSE Class X Exam Question Papers 2012: History & Civics (H.C.G. – Paper – 1) Image by AglaSem

Question 9

Study the picture given above and answer the questions that follow:

(a)Identify the organization associated with the above emblem.
Mention any three principles of this organization. [4]
(b} Where is the headquarters of this organization located?
Who can become its member? [3]

(c) Name the principal judicial organ of this organization and explain its composition. [3]

Question 10

With reference to the Cold War and the Non-Aligned Movement, answer the following:

(a) Explain Truman’s Doctrine. [3]
(b) State any three consequences of the Cold War. [3]
(c) Mention four major objectives of the Non-Aligned Movement. [4]
Geography
Question 1

Study the extract of the Survey of India Map Sheet No. 45D/10 and answer the following questions:

(a) Name and give the four figure grid reference of a settlement where the people of the region meet at least once a year. [1]

(b) What does the conventional symbol at grid reference 145132 mean? [1]

(c) If a man were to walk from Gulabganj (1820) to Harmatiya (1916):

(i) In which direction would he be walking?

(ii) Which are the two different kinds of roads that he would be using? [3]

(d) What do the following numbers in grid square 1718 & 1818 mean?
(i) 280 (ii) 281 [2]

(e) What are the two differences between the settlement Bamba in 1914 and those in 1813?[2]

(f) Name four facilities that Anadra has which makes it an important settlement. [2]

(g) What is the quickest means of communication for the people of Dabani (313)? [1]

(h) What do the following mean:
(i) brackish in 1912
(ii) causeway in 1715
(iii) 6r in 12187 [3]

(I) Mention two factors which support the following:

(i) The Sipu river is in its middle course

(ii) The rainfall in the region shown in the map extract is seasonal. [4]

(j) What is the distance in kilometres between the distance stone 20 in 1818 and the causeway in 1715 along the metalled road?

Question 2

On the outline map of India provided:

(a) Draw, name and number the Tropic of Cancer[1]
(b) Label the river Narrnada.[1]
(c) Shade and name lake Chilka.[1]
(d) Mark and name the Aravali Mountains.[1]
(e) Mark and name the Karakoram Pass.[1]
(f) Shade and name a densely populated state in South India.[1]
(g) Shade and name a region wth black soil.[1]
(h) Mark with a dot and name Srinagar.[1]
(i)Mark and name the winds which bring rain in water to the coromandel coast[1]
(j)Name and print o on an oilfield in North-east India.[1]

PART II (50 Marks)
Attempt anyJive questiOns from this Part

Question 3

(a) (i) Name the type of climate prevailing over India.
(ii] Mention any two factors responsible for it. [2]

(b) What is the direction of the summer monsoon? Why? [2]

(c) Give geographical reasons for the following: [3]
(i)Even in summer Shimla is cooler than Delhi.
(ii) The northern plains of India do not freeze in winter.
(iii) Kochi has a lesser annual range of temperature than Agra.

(d) Study the climatic data given below and answer the questions that follow:

ICSE Class X Exam Question Papers 2012: Geography (H.C.G. – Paper – 2) Image by AglaSem

(i) Calculate the mean annual temperature.
(ii) What is the total rainfall during the monsoon season?
(iii) Does the station have a maritime or a continental climate? Give a reason for your answer. [3]

Question 4

(a) state two methods of controlling the erosion of soil caused by running water. [2]

(b) Mention two differences in the alluvial soil of the northern plains and the alluvial soil on the coastal plains of India. [2]

(c) Mention any three characteristics of black soil which makes the soil fertile.[3]

(d) Give geographical reasons for the following:
(i) Laterite soil is not suitable for cultivation.

(ii) Red soil is red in colour.

[iii] Khadar soils are preferred to Bangar soils.[3]

Question 5

(a) Mention two reasons why Tropical Evergreen Forests are difficult to exploit for commercial purposes. [2]

(b) Give two characteristics of tidal forests. [2]

(c) Mention three reasons why forests must be conserved. [3]

(d) Name any three trees found in monsoon deciduous forests and state one use of each of these trees. {3]

Question 6

(a) Mention two advantages of rainwater harvesting. [2]

(b) Why are inundation canals being converted to perennial canals? Give two reasons. [2]

(c) Give two advantages and one disadvantage that tube wells have over surface wells. [3]

(d) Where are tanks most widely used in India? Why? [3]

Question 7

(a) (i)Name two leading states producing Manganese.
(ii) Name one use of the mineral. [2]

(b) (i) Name two varieties of iron ore used in industry.
(ii) How is the low grade iron are utilized? [2]

(c)Give geographical reasons why:
(i) Anthracite is used for domestic purposes
(ii) Oil refineries are located close to oil fields or near ports.
(iii) the location of coal fields is an important factor in industrial development. [3}

(d) Name the mineral:
(i) which is converted to aluminium.
(ii)which is used in the manufacture of cement
(iii) the largest deposits of which are found in Balaghat in Madhya Pradesh. [3l

Question 8

(a) What is the importance of agriculture in India? Mention two factors. [2]

(b) Name a state which produces short staple cotton. Which climatic and soil conditions favour the cultivation of cotton in the state mentioned? [2]

(c) Give geographical reasons for the following:
(i) Jute has to be retted

(ii)Tea is grown on hill slopes.

(iii) Silver oak and banana trees are grown on coffee plantations. [3]

Explain the following:
(i) The propagation of rubber by the bud grafting method.
(ii) The propagation of sugar cane by ratooning.
(iii) The propagation of paddy by transplantation. [3]

Question 9

(a) Give two reasons why the woollen industry has not developed as well as the cotton industry in India. [2]
(b) State two factors which favours the silk industry in Karnataka. [2]
(c) Mention three problems of the sugar industry in India. [3]
(d) In what way does the cotton industry contribute to the economy of India? Mention any three relevant factors. [3]

Question 10

(a) What are petrochemicals.
Name any two products made from petrochemicals. [2]

(b) Why has the electronics industry grown in importance? [2]

(c) Mention three advantages that a mini steel plant has over an integrated steel plant. [3]

(d) Name:
(i) A city on the east coast of India which has a ship building yard.
(ii) The iron and steel plant set up with German collaboration.
(iii) A city which has a plant manufacturing Maruti cars. [3]

Question 11

(a) Why has the importance of inland waterways declined? Give any two reasons. [2]

(b) Name two areas where helicopter services may be used? [2]

(c) Mention any three problems being faced by the Indian Railways. [3]

(d) What is the Golden Quadrilateral? Mention any two ways in which it will help in the economic development of the country. [3]

Physics

Chemistry

Biology

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in