2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th March 2016, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Alagappa University MBA Banking and Finance Syllabus

Friend Have a Look on your Demanding Here I am providing III Semester MBA Elective Course –Finance Merchant Banking And Financial Services Syllabus of Alagappa University :

Unit I: MERCHANT BANKING

Introduction – An Over view of Indian Financial System – Merchant Banking in India – Recent Developments and Challenges ahead – Institutional Structure – Functions of Merchant Banking - Legal and Regulatory Frameworks – Relevant Provisions of Companies Act- SERA- SEBI guidelines- FEMA, etc. - Relation with Stock Exchanges, OTCEI and NSE.

Unit II: ISSUE MANAGEMENT

Role of Merchant Banker in Appraisal of Projects, Designing Capital Structure and Instruments – Issue Pricing – Pricing – Preparation of Prospectus Selection of Bankers, Advertising Consultants, etc. - Role of Registrars – Underwriting Arrangements - Dealing with Bankers to the Issue, Underwriters, Registrars, and Brokers – Offer for Sale – Book – Building – Green Shoe Option – E-IPO Private Placement – Bought out Deals – Placement with FIs, MFs, FIIs, etc.

Unit III: OTHER FEE BASED MANAGEMENT

Mergers and Acquisitions – Portfolio Management Services – Credit Syndication – Credit Rating – Mutual Funds - Business Valuation.

Unit IV: FUND BASED FINANCIAL SERVICES

Leasing and Hire Purchasing – Basics of Leasing and Hire purchasing – Financial Evaluation – Tax Implication.

Unit V: OTHER FUND BASED FINANCIAL SERVICES

Consumer Credit – Credit Cards – Real Estate Financing – Bills Discounting – Recent Developments in Factoring and Forfeiting – Venture Capital.

References
1. J.C.Verma, ‘A Manual of Merchant Banking’, Bharath Publishing House, New Delhi.
2. K.Sriram, ‘Hand Book of Leasing, Hire Purchase & Factoring’, ICFAI, Hyderabad.
3. Economic Dailies, Relevant Publication of AMFS.
4. Bhalla. V.K. – ‘Management of Financial Services’ – Anmol, New Delhi.

Alagappa University MBA Course Syllabus :
Unit I

Managerial Economics: Introduction and Definition - Nature and scope of managerial economics and its relationship with other disciplines.

Unit II

Demand analysis: Demand theory; Objectives of demand analysis and determinants of demand; Elasticity of demand and its measurement methods; Importance in decision-making; Demand forecasting methods

Unit III

Production and cost analysis: Production concepts and analysis; Production function; Characteristic of various factors of production; Laws of production; Cost concepts and analysis; Empirical estimates of production and costs; Production function and its managerial use, short-run and Long-run Average costs curves and its analysis.

Unit IV

Pricing decisions: Pricing under different market structure: perfect and imperfect (monopoly, monopolistic and oligopoly markets).

Unit V

Macroeconomics: National Income – concepts and various methods of its measurement. Inflation: Meaning and types. Introduction to business cycles

References

1. Gupta – Managerial Economics – Tata McGraw-Hill.
2. Maheswari and Gupta – Managerial Economics – Sultan Chand &Sons
3. Peterson HC and Lewis – Managerial Economics – Himalaya Publishers
4. Varshney and Maheswari – Managerial Economics – Sultan Chand & Sons.
5. P.L. Mehta – Managerial Economics – Sultan Chand & Sons.
6. Trivedi – Managerial Economics – Tata McGraw-Hill.
7. Joel Dean – Managerial Economics – Prentice Hall of India

I YEAR – I SEMESTER
COURSE CODE: 4MBA1C3

CORE COURSE – III – ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS

Unit I

Accounting Definition – Purpose – Basic concepts and conventions – Accounting standards –Preparation of Financial statements – Trial balance – Manufacturing account – Trading & profit and loss account – Balance sheet.

Unit II

Financial statement analysis – Meaning – Methods of analysis –Ratio analysis.

Unit III

Fund flow analysis – Cash flow analysis.

Unit IV

Budgetary control – Principles – methods – types of budgets – Zero base budget.

Unit V

Costing – Elements of cost – cost sheet – Marginal costing and Break Even analysis.

References

1. M.Y.Khan & P.K.Jain – Management Accounting, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing company Ltd.
2. R.L.Gupta &Radhaswamy, Advanced accountancy – Sultan Chand
3. Sharma&Gupta, Management Accounting – Kalyani publishers
4. S.N.Maheswari, Advanced Accountancy, Vikas Publishers
5. Dr.S.P.Gupta, Management Accounting, Sahitya Bhawan Publishers
6. R.S.N.Pillai & Bagavathi – Managemnt Accounting S.Chand & Co. Ltd., New Delhi,
7. R.Narayanaswamy – Financial Accounting – A managerial perspective Prentice Hall India Pvt., Ltd., New Delhi.

I YEAR – I SEMESTER
COURSE CODE: 4MBA1C4

CORE COURSE –IV – ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR

Unit - I
Organisational behaviour – Definition and historical overview of the field – Elton Mayo and the Hawthorne Studies.

Unit - II
Individual Behaviour – Personality – determinants of personality, theories of personality and Measuring Personality. Perception perceptual process, selective perception and social perception. Learning – theories of learning – reinforcement and punishment.

Unit - III
Attitudes – Nature and components of attitudes, functions of attitudes and changing attitudes. Motivation content and process theories of work motivation.

Unit – IV
Group Behaviour – Dynamics of group formation – types of groups – reasons for group formation. Leadership – Leadership styles – Difference between a leader and manager. Stress – definition, causes of stress, managing stress.

Unit – V
Organisational Change – Types of change, process of change, resistance to change and overcoming resistance to change. Organisational Development – OD interventions. Organisational Culture.

References

1. Fred Luthans, Organization Behavior Mc Graw Hill International Edition, Tenth Edition,
2. Stephen P. Robbins, Organization Behavior (10th Ed) PHI Pvt ltd.,
3. Koith Davis and John w. Newstron (bed) Human Behavior at work, Mc Draw Hill International Edition

I YEAR – II SEMESTER
COURSE CODE: 4MBA2C1

CORE COURSE –V – MARKETING MANAGEMENT

Unit I

Marketing – Definition and Core Concepts. Company Orientation towards market place–marketing interface with other functional areas marketing. Introduction to Marketing Mix.
Unit II

Major forces in Marketing Environment - Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning – Consumer behaviour – factors and consumer decision making process.

Unit III

Product – Definition and classification. Product Mix – Product Life Cycle – New Product Development.

Unit IV

Price – factors influencing pricing decision – Steps in setting price and adaptation of price. Channel – Functions – and design - retailing and wholesaling

Unit V
Promotion – Elements of promotion mix – Objectives and types advertising – Methods of sales promotion for consumers and trade – Steps in personal selling.

References

1. Philip Kortler: Marketing management, Prentice hall of India P (ltd),
2. Arunkumar, N.Meenakshi, Marketing Management, Vikas Publishers
3. Dr.R.L.Varshney and Dr.S.L.Gupta, Marketing Management, Sultan Chand Publishers.
4. J.C.Gandhi – Marketing Management, Tata Mcgraw Hill.
5. V.S. Ramaswamy and Namakumari – Marketing Management – the Indian Context, Mac Millan.

Contact Details :
04565 227 609

Address :

Alagappa University
Alagappa Puram
Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu 630 003

Here I m Uploading word file which having Complete MBA Course Syllabus of Alagappa University You Can Download free of cost :
Attached Files
File Type: doc Alagappa University MBA Course Syllabus.doc (320.0 KB, 647 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in