2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Airforce CET Syllabus

You are looking for Air force Common Entrance Test (AFCAT) syllabus, here I am giving:

AFCAT is conducted for the admission of eligible candidates in Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branches of Indian Air Force.

Syllabus:

General Awareness:
History
Sports
Geography
Environment
Civics
Basic Science
Defence
Art
Culture
Current Affairs
Politics

Verbal Ability in English:
Comprehension
Error Detection
Sentence Completion
Synonyms
Antonyms
Testing of Vocabulary

Numerical Ability:
Decimal Fraction,
Simplification
Average
Profit & loss
Percentage
Ratio & Proportion
Simple interest
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
Verbal Skills
Spatial Ability
19th February 2016, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi I would like to know the Common Entrance Test syllabus for the Air Force as I am planning to appear for the Air Force Entrance examination?
19th February 2016, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts the recruitment exam for the different positions in the Technical Branch as well as Flying Branches for all the candidates eligible and interested to apply in it. The entrance exam conducted for the recruitment in the Indian Air Force is commonly known by the name, AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test.

Eligibility:
For Flying Branch:

The applicants should be at least graduation passed with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate as well as in the following subjects: Mathematics and Physics from any recognized university/ institute for this purpose. The minimum and the maximum qualifying age should be 19 and 23 years respectively.

For Technical Branch: The applicants should be Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) and should have cleared the Sections A and B of the Associate Member of Institutions of Engineers (India) or ASI (Aeronautical Society of India) or anything equivalent thereto for being eligible under this post. The minimum and the maximum qualifying age of all the applicants should be 18 and 28 years respectively.

Exam Pattern:
The Air Force Common Admission exam shall consist of the following test to be held in the mentioned two stages:

Stage I: This stage of exam consists of a screening test that will be held on the first day of the examination basically an intelligence test.
The aspirants should qualify in the screening test to appear in the subsequent tests that will be held for the final selections.

Stage II: This stage includes the following main tests- Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview respectively. Pilot Aptitude Test (For Flying Branch applicants only)

Paper Pattern: The question paper shall consist of objective type multiple choice based questions on the following main sections:
Section I: General Awareness
Section II: Verbal Ability (English)
Section III: Numerical Ability
Section IV: Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test respectively Total Number of Questions: 100 Total Marks Allotted: 300 Total Time Allotted: 2 Hours

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in