2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th October 2014, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Air force officer after 12th

The Indian Armed forces is one of the finest institutions in the country which offers excellent professional and personal lifestyle.
The Indian Air Force has many different types of aircraft. You may also be tasked to fly helicopters, transport and cargo related aircraft belonging to IAF etc.

Eligibility-

Passed 10+2 with subjects Physics and Mathematics. The minimum marks required is around 60%.

Process of joining IAF

After completing 12th (science) standard, NDA is the point of entrance.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is a premier Defence Institute located in Pune, India.
It is an institute where the cadets belonging to the 3 wings of the Armed Forces-
Army, Navy and Air Force train together.

You have to appear for the National Defence Academy entrance exam and clear the SSB (Services Selection Board) Interview.

Age limit for this exam-
Candidates must not be older than 19 years of age.

After both NDA written exam and the SSB interview, candidates will be sent for medical examinations.

The candidates who make it through the medical tests are then taken into consideration for making the merit list.

Merit list is based on the candidate scored in NDA written test, SSB Interview and Medical examination.

Merit list students are accepted into the Air Force wing. After this selection, they’ll be given training at NDA for 3 years, along with Army and Navy Cadets.
20th March 2015, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

I have passed my class 12th with Science stream and I want to join the Indian Air Force as officer? Can you please tell me How to Join Indian Air Force as Flying Officer?
20th March 2015, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

As you say that you want to become join Indian Air Force as officer. You should need to have BE/BTech degree for become Flying officer in Indian Air Force.

Here I am providing you the basic eligibility required for the Flying officer in Indian Air Force. This is as follows:

Eligibility conditions for Flying branch:

19 to 23 years (born between 02 Jan 91 to 01 Jan 95 including both days)
25 years for commercial pilot license holders (DGCA India)

Educational qualification

Graduates with 60% marks (studies maths and physics at least 10+2 level)
BE/BTech (4 year) with 60% marks.

Physical:
Mini height 162.5, leg length min 99 cms, max 120 cms

Tight length 64 cms
Sitting Height Min 81.5 cms, max 96 cms

Vision Min 6/6 in one and 6/9 in another

Correctable to 6/6 only for hypemetropia

Color/night blindness is a disqualification for female candidates:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in