2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st March 2016, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Air Force Exam

Indian Air Force (IAF) recruits Commissioned Officers in Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Branches through Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).

Indian Air Force conducts recruitment from Indian Men & women for the Flying/ Technical/ Ground Duty Branches for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/ Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty Branches through Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).

Candidates intending to apply should ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as specified by IAF:

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates should be an Indian Citizen.

Age Limit:
Candidates age should be between 20-24 years i.e. born between 02-01-1993 to 01-01-1997 (both dates inclusive) for Flying Branch, 20-26 years i.e. born between 02-01-1991 to 01-01-1997 (both dates inclusive) for Technical Branch & Ground Duty Branch. Age relaxation is applicable up to 26 years of age for Flying Branch as per rules.

Educational Qualification

Flying Branch
Graduation (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers & have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level.

Technical Branch: a. Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) {AE (L)} and b. Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical) {AE (M)}
Four year degree qualification or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India

Ground Duty Branch: a. Administration & Logistics, b. Accounts and c. Education
Graduation with 60% marks/ Graduation Degree in Commerce/
Post Graduation Degree/ Diploma in any discipline/ C.A/ ICWA with 50% marks

Physical Standards

i) Height and Weight: Minimum height - Men & Female 157.5 Cms with correlated weight

ii) All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final

Type of Commission

Permanent Commission: Candidates joins as Permanent Commission (PC) officers would continue to serve fit the age of superannuation

i) Short Service Commission: The Engagement period for SSC Flying Branch is 14 years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable)

ii) The initial tenure for Short Service Commission officers in Technical and Ground Duty Branches would be for a period of ten years

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in