2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th October 2014, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: AIIMS Ph.D entrance exam Syllabus

You are looking for AIIMS Ph.D entrance exam common syllabus for all streams, here I am giving;

Section I : English

The focus is on the receptive and productive uses of English.

1. Reading Comprehension

2. Grammar – Tenses, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Passive Voice, Articles, Pronouns,Subject – Verb Agreement, Word order and Direct- Indirect Speech.

3. Vocabulary – Choice of Appropriate Words, Synonyms, Antonyms and Lexical Sets.

4. Spelling

Section II: General Knowledge

The syllabus consists of the following components. The focus is on contemporary relevance of the areas mentioned below

1. World History: Salient events from world history those have bearing on the contemporary world. These would include events such as reformations, renaissance, Soviet revolution, Chinese revolution, American Civil War, colonialism and anti colonial movements.

2. World Geography: Basic information about the physical, environmental and political aspects of the world today.

3. World politics: Significant political events, institutions and trends in the contemporary world.

4. International Relations: Current international events, organizations and trends.

5. Economic Issues: Significant developments in global economies that affect the contemporary world.

6. Socio- Cultural issues

7. Science and technology in everyday life: (a) recent developments in environmental sciences, life sciences, physical sciences, material sciences, chemical sciences and biological science; (b) ethical issues in science and technology. High-Speed and reliable internet connection

8. Communication: Means and Techniques.

9. Reasoning; basic concepts in and approaches to research.
13th July 2015, 04:11 PM
jannatul firdous

Re: AIIMS Ph.D entrance exam Syllabus

can i have the syllabus of entrance exam? i have applied for PhD in microbiology.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in