2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th January 2017, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AIIMS NICU Protocols

As you Asking for the Information About the AIIMS- NICU protocols 2010 Retinopathy of - New Born Baby the Information is given below

Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) is a vasoproliferative disorder of the retina among prematurebabies. ROP begins to develop between 32 and 34 weeks after conception, regardless of gestationalage at delivery and has two distinct phases

Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) is a vasoproliferative disorder of the retina among prematurebabies. ROP begins to develop between 32 and 34 weeks after conception, regardless of gestationalage at delivery and has two distinct phases

Diagnosis

1. Location Zone I
Circle with optic nerve at centre and a radiuof twice the distance from optic nerve to
macula

Zone II From
edge of Zone I to the nasal ora serrata nasally and equator temporally
Zone III Lateral most crescent shaped area from Zon II to ora-serrata temporally

Severity Stage

1 Presence of thin white demarcation line separating the vascular from avascular retina

Stage 2
The line becomes prominent because of lifting of retina to form a ridge having height
and width

Stage 3 Presence of extra retinal fibro-vascular proliferation with abnormal vessels and fibrous tissue arising from the ridge and extending into vitreous
Stage 4 Partial retinal detachment; not involving macula (4A) or involving macula (4B)

Stage 5 Complete retinal detachment

Findings that suggest further examinations are not needed include:
Zone III retinal vascularization attained without previous Zone I or II ROP
Full retinal vascularization
Postmenstrual age of 45 weeks and no prethreshold disease (defined as stage 3 ROP in Zone II,
any ROP in Zone I) or worse ROP is present
Regression of ROP

For more detials you may Consider the below Attachement that is Free to Download

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in