2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th November 2014, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Age limit for NET

I want to give the NET exam and my age is 27 years. Am I eligible for giving the NET exam? Give me the detailed information about it?
Similar Threads
Thread
LLB Age Limit
Age Limit For MBA In IIM
GRE Age Limit
CG PET Age Limit
PNB OD Limit
BL Course Age Limit
For IAS age limit
SSC CGL New Age Limit
SSC CGL Age Limit for OBC
SBI PO Age Limit for OBC
CAT Age Limit Age Limit
B.P.Ed course age limit
LLB course age limit
MCA Course Age Limit
DSC Age Limit
IIT JEE age Limit for OBC
Age limit for MHT-CET
B.ED Age Limit
Age limit for IES
Age Limit for PSC
11th November 2014, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Age limit for NET

National Eligibility Exam is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC). This exam is the national level entrance examination for postgraduate candidates. It is conducted for decisive the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and eligibility for Lectureship in various Indian universities and colleges.

Eligibility
The eligibility criteria's are:
i) Only those candidates are eligible to appear in NET who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified Master’s degree in:LLM ( Master of Law of Laws)
MBA ( Master of Business Administration)
M.Com ( Master of Commerce)
MD ( Master of Medicine)
M.Dance ( Master of Dance)
M.Ed. ( Master of Education)
M.Ind. ( Master of Indology)
ML ( Master of Laws)
M.Lib.Sc. ( Master of Library Science)
M.Litt. ( Master of Literature or Master of Letters)
M.Mus. ( Master of Music)
MOL ( Master of Oriental Learning)
MPEd. ( Master of Physical Education)
MSW ( Master of Social Work)
M.Sc. ( Master of Science)
M.Stat. ( Master of Statistics)
M.Tech. ( Master of Technology)
M.Text ( Master of Textiles)

Parangat
Shikshan Parangat
MA ( Master of Arts)
MCA ( Master of Computer Applications)
MFA ( Master of Fine Arts)
MJ ( Master of Journalism)
MLIS ( Master of Library & Information Science)
Shiksha Acharya
MPA ( Master of Performing Arts)
MPS ( Master of Population Studies)
M.E. ( Master of Engineering)
M.F.C. ( Master of Finance and Control)
M.B.E. ( Master of Business Economics)
M.I.B. ( Master of International Business)
M.C.S. ( Master of Corporate secretaryship)

ii) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
The Scheduled Caste(SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Physically Handicapped(PH)/ Visually Handicapped(VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s degree examination are eligible for this Test.

iii) Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.

iv) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by a particular time/ year declared by the UGC (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.

Age Limit & Relaxation:
I) Junior Research Fellowship:
Not more than 28 years. A relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ VH categories and to women applicants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of

ii) Lectureship : No upper age limit except for M. Phil/ Ph.D candidates & SET Candidates

i) For M. Phil/ Ph.D candidates: The candidates having Ph.D. Degree in the concerned subject are exempted from NET for Under Graduate and Post Graduate level teaching. The candidates having M. Phil Degree in the concerned subject are exempted from NET for Under Graduate level teaching only. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination are also exempted from appearing in NET.

ii) For SET Candidates:
The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET), accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1 st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET. All SET qualified candidates are also eligible to appear in NET, if they so desire.

Address
Union Public Service Commision
New Delhi, Delhi (state) ‎

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Union+Public+Service+Commision,+New+Delhi&h l=en&ll=28.608486,77.224445&spn=0.081832,0.163422& sll=28.618999,77.203913&sspn=0.081824,0.163422&oq= Union+Public+Services+Commission+&hq=Union+Public+ Service+Commision,&hnear=New+Delhi,+Delhi&t=m&z=13[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in