2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd September 2014, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: After Engg Job I Indian Air Force

Along with Flying branch and Ground batch Indian Air Force recruits only Engineers in Technical Branch.

After you have completed your engineering, you can join the Technical Branch through the Direct Entry Scheme. Both men and women can use this mode of entry to apply to the Indian Air Force.

Direct Entry Scheme

Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics)
Permanent / Short Service Commission

To join the Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) stream you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

Educational Qualification (Aeronautical Engineer – Electonics)
First division (60% & above)

Qualification
BE / B.Tech in Electronics / Telecommunication / Electrical / Electrical Communication / Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation / Computer Science & Engineering or a combination of these subjects

OR

Diploma in Electronics of Madras Institute of Technology

OR

B Tech in Radio Physics and Electronics / Optics and Opto Electronics
30th March 2015, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I have completed B.TECH in Aeronautical Engineering and want to join Indian Air Force . What is the procedure ?
30th March 2015, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

After completion of B.TECH in Aeronautical Engineering applicants can apply for the Air Force Common Admission Test .

Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test for applicants to recruit them to Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Officer Branches. I

Graduates in all streams including B.E, B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Com, CA, ICWA are eligible to apply for AFCAT

Exam Pattern:-
•The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions.

•The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.

•For every correct answer ,three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted

All applicants whose online applications have been successfully submitted will be called for AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test EKT (applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch).

EKT would be for 45 minutes.

Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of (AFCAT) will be called for further testing at one of the AFSBs at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi.

The testing would consist of three stages as given below.

(a) Stage-I Test is a screening test

(b) Stage-II testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days).

(c) For Flying Branch: Pilot Aptitude Battery Test would be administered to eligible applicants .

AFCAT Books

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in