2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th October 2014, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: After Diploma in Electrical Engineering A.M.I.E or B.Tech which is better

Diploma holders in Electrical Engineering can go for either A.M.I.E certification or B.Tech Engineering.

Diploma holders can earn Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers (A.M.I.E) certification after qualifying the Section A and Section B examination conducted by Institution of Engineers (India).

This certification is equivalent to B.E/B.Tech degree and it takes four years to pass the two sections.

But diploma holders require only 3 years to pass these sections, as certain subjects are exempted from the Section A examination which is a common paper.

On successful completion of diploma course in Automobile Engineering, one can join Bachelor of Technology course through lateral entry scheme.

The benefit of lateral entry scheme is that the diploma holders can get admission directly to the second year itself.

So they need to study only the subjects in six semesters.

If the candidates want to join B.Tech course through lateral entry scheme after diploma in Automobile Engineering, then they need to obtain minimum of 60% marks for the diploma course.

No such marks restriction is there for obtaining A.M.I.E certification after diploma Engineering.

Another advantage of A.M.I.E certification is that the candidates can select any of the engineering branches available in the Section B examaccording to their wish.

So as far as my idea A.M.I.E certification is the best option after diploma in rather than B.Tech.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in