2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th December 2014, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: After 12th Science Eligible to Join Air Force

Yes definitely after completion of 12 class with Science stream you are eligible to join Air Force .

For 12th science applicants NDA is the point of entrance.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is an institute where the cadets belonging to the 3 wings of the Armed Forces- Army, Navy and Air Force train together.

Applicants must appear for the National Defence Academy entrance exam and clear the SSB (Services Selection Board) Interview.

Applicants must not be older than 19 years of age

After clearing the NDA written exam and the SSB interview, recommended Applicants will be sent for medical examinations.

Applicants who make it through the medical tests are then taken into consideration for making the merit list.

And based on this merit list, Applicants are accepted into the Air Force wing.

After this selection, Applicants’ll be given training at NDA for 3 years, along with Army and Navy Cadets.

On successfully completing the 3 year course at NDA, the Air Force cadets are sent to Air Force Academy, Hyderabad, for further training that lasts 1 year.

It is after successfully completing this training Applicants are commissioned as Flying Officers in the Indian Air Force.
21st May 2015, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in Class 12th with Science Math. I want to join Indian Air force after 12th. So will you provide me information that can I join Indian Air Force after 12th or not?
21st May 2015, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to join Indian Air Force after completing Class 12th with Science Math, so here I want to tell you that you must apply for Indian Air Force after 12th.

You have to appear in NDA Examination conducted by UPSC for join Air Force.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Exam

Qualification: 10+2 Pass with Physics and Mathematics. Appearing final year students can also eligible to apply.

Age - 16 ½ to 19 years (at the time of commencement of course)

Nationality – Indian

Gender - Men only

Advertisement Schedule - May and December.

Height and Weight Standards for Men

Contact Details
‘DISHA’
Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan)
Motilal Nehru Marg
New Delhi – 110106
Tele: 011 – 23013690
011- 23010231 Extn 7080
Fax – 011 – 23017918
E- Mail : career_iaf@bol.net.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in