2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th August 2014, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AFCAT Selection procedure

Air Force Common Admission Test AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force for the selection of officers in the three major branches such as.

Flying branch
Technical branch and
Ground Duty branch

Selection Procedures
The candidates who got selected through AFCAT have to face interview by AFSB. After getting recommended by AFSB, if the student chooses for Flying Branch means, he has to clear his PABT, else if he is opting for Technical Branch means he has to clear EKT.

PABT
EKT

AFCAT 1 2014 Date
Date of Notification: 14-12-2013 (14 December 2013)
Starting Date to Apply online application form: 14-12-2013 (14 December 2013)
Last Date Date to fill online application form: 12-01-2014 (12 January 2014)
Date of Examination: 23- 02-2014 (23 Feb 2014)

Syllabus of the exam:
General Awareness syllabus includes subjects like Current Affairs, Defence, History, Geography, Civics, Sports, Basic Science, Environment, Politics, Art, and Culture.

Verbal ability in English will examine knowledge of English with respect to Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Error Detection, Vocabulary Evaluation, and Sentence Completion.

Numerical Ability paper will cover Decimal, Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Ratio, and Proportion.

Reasoning and Military Aptitude tests verbal skills along with spatial ability.
8th November 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

AFCAT Selection Procedure

Will you please provide the Indian-AirForce-AFCAT Selection Procedure ?
8th November 2014, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AFCAT Selection Procedure

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.
This test is conducted by
the Indian Air Force for selection of officers in all branches of the IAF

AFCAT is conducted twice a year (in the month of February and August).

Question Pattern:
Total Questions: 100

Negative Mark: 1 (For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted )

Total Marks: 300 (Each question have 3 Mark)

Time : 2 Hours

Question type: MCQ(multiple Choice Question)

Each Question Paper will have questions from the following topics:-

(a) General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.

(b) Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.

(c) Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.

(d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial
Ability

Selection Procedure: (After Test)

Applicants who are short-listed on the basis of (AFCAT) will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi. The testing would consist of three stages as given below.

(a) Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified Applicants would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branches applied for. Those Applicants who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.

(b) Stage-II testing consisting of Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted
on subsequent days (Four Days).

(c) For Flying Branch: Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) would be administered to eligible Applicants
19th March 2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Kindly provide me with the complete selection procedure for AFCAT
19th March 2015, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hello user,
I am hereby mentioning all the required details:

AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force for the selection of officers in the three major branches such as.

i. Flying branch
ii. Technical branch and
iii. Ground Duty branch.

AFCAT came into practice during the year 2011 . Before this, the candidate has to apply for every individual notification as this resulted in multiple application from the same candidate for different entries.
The AFCAT is exam for the duration of 2 hours. It is an objective part which contains the following syllabus:
A).General Awareness:
History,sports,geography,environment,civics,basics science, defense, art, culture, current affairs,politics etc
B)
Verbal ability in English:
Comprehension, Error detection, Sentence completion,synonyms, antonyms,and vocabulary evaluation.
C) Numerical ability:
Decimal fraction, simplification,average,profit and loss, percentage,ratio and proportion, and simple intresr.
D)Reasoning and military appitude:
Verbal skills and spatial ability

The total number of questions is 100 and marks given for each question is 3 while the wrong questions carry:

Total Marks for AFCAT 100 marks
Time for AFCAT 2 hours
Negative mark for wrong answers -1
Mark for each correct answer 3 marks

Selection Procedures for various entries at Indian Air Force:-

The candidates who got selected through AFCAT have to undergo interview by AFSB.
After getting recommended by AFSB, if the candidate opts for Flying Branch means, he has to clear his PABT, else if he is opting for Technical Branch means he has to clear EKT.
**PABT
** EKT

Training at Indian Air Force:-

The training duration varies for each course, for the flying and technical branches the duration of the training is 74 weeks i.e. 1 ½ years while for the ground duty branches is for 1 year.
# I am hereby providing you some of the previous year questions:
AFCAT Test No. 1 Reasoning
1. Given below are some paragraphs. At the end of each paragraph are conclusions which could/could not be drawn from what has been stated in the piece. Mark the conclusions as follows:
A) Definitely True
B) Probably True
C) Cannot Say
D) Probably False
E) Definitely False
(I) "Earn bread, Uncle Cor ? How do you mean that ? Earn bread ... or deserve bread ? Not to deserve one's bread, that is to be unworthy of it, that certainly is a crime for every honest man is worthy of his bread. But unluckily not being able to earn it, though deserving it, that is a misfortune and a great one".
- Lust for Life - Irving Stone
1. There is not much difference between earning one's bread and deserving one's bread.
A B C D E
Ans : E
2. A man may deserve his bread, all the same not be able to earn it.
A B C D E
Ans : A
3. A man who cannot earn his bread is unworthy of it
A B C D E
Ans : D
4. Every honest man is worthy of his bread because he labours for it
A B C D E
5. A man who deserves his bread but cannot earn it cannot be condemned.
A B C D E
(II) When lying has become common currency among public figures who ask to be regarded for telling their ghost-writers improved true version of their lives, is it any wonder that the writers in the privacy of art should catch at these events which reveal the deeper, sadder as some would say, the more depressing aspects of life ? The story tellers; the truth - tellers are the least welcome guests at the feast of liars; they have not choice but to go their own way, writing the story. - William Henry

6. Biographers who stick to the truth are in fact rebels against the cult of falsehood being spread by those keen on showing themselves in the best possible light.
A B C D E
7. Genuine writers always catch at the more depressing aspects of life.
A B C D E
8. Story tellers are not always retailers of truth.
A B C D E
Ans : B
9. Those who get their biographies written by others do not like the ones who make such attempts themselves.
A B C D E
Ans : C

10. Public figures resort to falsehood because they have an image to project.
A B C D E
(III) The democratic method inevitably implies trying to understand the other party's opinion - a certain give and take, and a certain adjustment to whatever the final decision might be if this does not happen, we simply go to pieces. In a great country like India there is a variety of opinion over almost every subject. We are not all regimented into thinking one way. Nor should we be. I object to regimentation and authoritarianism. I want people to develop their own minds and thoughts and to give free expression to them.
- Jawaharlal Neh
11. The author would like everyone to think differently
A B C D E
12. The author would like everyone to stick to one's own judgement.
A B C D E
13. We may differ in opinions, but we must also try to understand the other party's point of view.
A B C D E
14. In the opinion of the author, we must learn to bow to the viewpoint of the majority.
A B C D E
Ans : E
15. The author seems to be an individualist.
A B C D E
16. There is a certain number of swans swimming in a lake. There are two swans in front of swan, two behind one and one between two. What is the smallest number of swans that could swim in that formation ?
A) 5
B) 3
C) 8
D) 1
E) 2
Ans : B
17. Among the following, mark the statement that is correct
A) Six and six is eleven
B) Six and six are eleven
C) Six times six is eleven (Ans)
D) Six times six are eleven
E) None of the above

18. Two fathers and two sons each shot a bird and none of them shot the same bird. What could be the minimum number of birds shot ?
A) 4
B) 5
C) 3
D) 2
E) 1
2. Given below are some statements. On the basis of those statements, some conclusions have been drawn. Mark the conclusions as
A) Statement I supports the conclusion
B) Statement II supports the conclusion
C) Both statements I and II read together support the conclusion
D) Neither I nor II supports the conclusion
E) Cannot say with certainty
i) A cat crossed my path while I was going for the interview
ii) I was unsuccessful in the interview
Conclusion : A cat crossing your path is an ill-omen.
A B C D E
i) The heroes of history are immortal
ii) Men are mortal
Conclusion : Heroes of history are not men
A B C D E
i) Girls love chanel perfumes
ii) Successful men wear chanel perfumes
Conclusion : Successful men wear chanel perfumes in order to attract girls
A B C D E