2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Aerospace IIT Kgp

I want to do B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur so please tell me the total number of seats for admission in the B.Tech Aerospace Engineering course of IIT Kharagpur? Also give me details about the admission procedure?
Similar Threads
Thread
VIT University Aerospace
Aerospace and defense MBA
MBA Aerospace Defense
Aerospace MBA
Aerospace College
IIT Hyderabad Aerospace
Aerospace and Defense MBA
IIT Kharagpur Aerospace
MBA Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace engineering MBA
IIT Madras MS Aerospace
IIT KGP Aerospace Department
Cu aerospace
Best Aerospace Universities
IIT Madras Aerospace
IIT JEE Aerospace Engineering Cut Off
UTK Aerospace MBA
After BE CSE Can I go for Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace NDT Courses
NCSU aerospace
7th July 2018, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Re: Aerospace IIT Kgp

I want to know the programs offered by the Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kharagpur so can you tell me?
7th July 2018, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Aerospace IIT Kgp

The Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kharagpur was set up in 1965 leading to B.Tech (Hons.) degree in the field of Aeronautical Engineering

The department has built up laboratories in the areas of Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion, System & Controls, Aeromodelling etc.

Currently, the research efforts of the faculty are supported by a large number of projects sponsored by ARDB, ADA, ISRO, DST, AICTE, MHRD and many other organisations.

Department of Aerospace Engineering academic programs-

Undergraduate Studies-

B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) degree

Admission to undergraduate programmes is through IIT-JEE Exam.

15% of the seats are reserved for students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (ST). In addition 27% separate reservation exists for the Other Backward Classes.

Postgraduate Studies-

Joint M.Tech. / PhD

The Institute offers M.Tech/Joint M.Tech-PhD programmes in Aerospace Engineering

The entrance to which is through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).

Students having undergraduate degree (BE/B.Tech) in Aerospace, Mechanical, Civil Engineering and Naval Architecture are eligible to apply in Aerospace Engineering.

Admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in IIT Kharagpur is conducted through written entrance examinations.

Doctor of Philosophy

Admission to Ph.D. progran is on the basis of overall academic carreer, written test and interview conducted by the Department.

Contact-

Department of Aerospace Engg. IIT Kharagpur
Kharagpur, India - 721302
Office : +91-3222-2882241
Tele Fax : +91-3222-2882241

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in