2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Admission for GME Course at TS Chanakya

IMU Mumbai Campus (T. S. Chanakya), institute not offers GME course it offers Global Maritime Distress and Saftey System (GMDSS) short term course .It

Eligibility :
COC (Nautical) or Radio Officer (COP) or 10 + 2 PCM

Total Duration: 12 days

Total Fees: 18000/- + 1500/- (Examination Fees)

Total No Of Seats: 12 per Batch

For detail about the admission you can get detail from the institute I am here providing you the contact detail.

Contact detail:
IMU
T. S. Chanakya
Karave, Nerul,
Navi Mumbai- 400706.
Tel: 91-22-27703876 / 27701935
Fax No: 91-22-27700398
E-mail: director.mum@imu.co.in

Other courses offers :
Regular Courses
Three year B.Sc. (Nautical Science) Degree Course.
One year Diploma in Nautical Science, leading to B.Sc. ( Nautical Science ).

Short Term Course
Fire Fighting Course
26th May 2015, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me in detail about the Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) Course offered by T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai as I want to apply for the course?
26th May 2015, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

As per my knowledge T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai does not offer Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) Course. The course it offers are as follows:

B.Sc.(Nautical Science)
(Full time residential and regimental degree course)
Admission through IIT-JEE

Age Limit: Candidates belonging to General & OBC categories must be maximum 25 years and those belonging to SC & ST categories must be maximum 30 years as on 1st October.

Qualification:
(i) A candidate must have passed (10 + 2) Exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English at the time of appearing for counseling.

AND

(ii) Candidates belonging to General & OBC categories must secure minimum 60% marks and SC & ST candidates must secure minimum 55% marks in aggregate in the (10+2) Exam.

Total Duration: 3 years

Total Fees:
(i) For Male Cadets 2, 20,000/- per annum
(ii) For Girl Cadets 1, 40,500/- per annum

Course Commencement Date

August each year

One Year Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) Leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science)
Admission through IMU CET
(Full time residential and regimental degree course)

1. Pass in 10+2 exam from a recognized Board / University with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), with minimum 55% aggregate marks in PCM.

OR

With Physics as an individual subject in any one of the years of B.Sc., with minimum 50% marks in the final year of B.Sc., from a recognized University provided that the candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) from a recognized Board.

OR B.E./B. Tech. or it’s equivalent degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE/UGC.

AND

2. Should have passed with minimum 50% marks in English as a separate subject, at either 10th or 12th standard or in the Degree programme conducted by a recognized Board University.

Age Limit: Not more than 25 years. The age limit is relaxable by 2 years in case of female candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Physical and Medical Standards: Medically fit as per the standards set by Merchant Shipping Medical Examination Rules, 2000 as amended from time to time.

Eye sight: 6/6 in each eye without visual aids. Normal colour vision. Candidates will have to undergo a full eyesight test conducted by the Mercantile Marine Department (MMD) before being finally selected for the programme.

Total Duration: one year (2 Semesters) Pre-sea course

Total Fees: 2,20,000/-

Advanced Fire Fighting Course
Any candidate appearing for COC Examinations (Deck & Engine) at MMD’s
Total Duration: 6 days
Total Fees: 6000/-
Course Commencement Date: Every Monday

GMDSS
COC (Nautical) or Radio Officer (COP) or 10 + 2 PCM
Total Duration: 12 days
Total Fees: 18000/- + 1500/- (Examination Fees)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in