2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd March 2016, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

About Sat Exam

Sir I have heard about the SAT exam so I want to get the detail for the SAT exam so can you help me to get the same
2nd March 2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: About Sat Exam

Hey the SAT is a standardized test widely used for college admissions in the United States.

It was first introduced in 1926, and its name and scoring have changed several times, being originally called the Scholastic Aptitude Test.

Then the Scholastic Assessment Test, then the SAT I: Reasoning Test, then the SAT Reasoning Test, and now simply the SAT

The SAT (technically known as the SAT I) is a general test of verbal and quantitative reasoning accepted for U. S. college admissions. The test is required for admission to undergraduate programs of most US universities. Many universities also require you to take SAT-II tests.

SAT-I : Reasoning Test
The SAT-I is a three hour, primarily multiple-choice test that measures verbal and mathematical reasoning abilities that develop over time. Most colleges require SAT-I scores for admission.

SAT-II : Subject Tests
The SAT-II subject tests are one hour, primarily multiple-choice tests that measure your knowledge of particular subjects and your ability to apply that knowledge. Many universities may require you to take this along with SAT-I.

Exam Pattern

Section Average Score Time (Minutes) Content

Writing 484 60 Grammar, usage, and diction.

Mathematics 511 70 Number and operations; algebra and functions;
geometry; statistics, probability, and data analysis

Critical Reading 495 70 Vocabulary, Critical reading, and sentence-level
Reading

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in