2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th May 2015, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

About AFCAT exam

My told me that she wants to participate in the Air force common admission test exam. I have no idea about this exam. So I want to know complete details about the Air force common admission test exam like its application fee, eligibility requirements and selection process? Please provide me information about this?
Similar Threads
Thread
IAF AFCAT exam
What Is AFCAT Exam
Fees For AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Exam Per Year
Next AFCAT Exam
When Will Be The Next AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Date of Exam
AFCAT Exam Form
Air Force AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Exam Books
AFCAT Exam Is Easy
Subjects in AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Next Exam
Use of AFCAT exam
AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Exam Preparation
Syllabus of AFCAT exam and Books for this exam
AFCAT exam syllabus
Books for AFCAT Exam
AFCAT Exam Pattern
8th June 2020, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Re: About AFCAT exam

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirements to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) as I want to check if I am eligible for it or not?
8th June 2020, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: About AFCAT exam

The Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted by the Indian Air Force twice a year in February and August, respectively, to select Class-I Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duties (Technical and Non-Technical).

The Test is a gateway for both male and female candidates who wish to join IAF for both Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission/Short Service Commission in Ground Duties for both Technical and Non-Technical roles.

One is selected based on the performance in the online exam and Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) interview. One opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branches is required to appear in both AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).

AFCA Eligibility

Nationality:
One must be a citizen of India.

Age Limit:
Flying Branch (AFCAT & NCC Entry): 20 – 24 years
Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): 20 – 26 years

The DOB accepted by the IAF is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University.

Marital Status:

One below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course.
Widows/ Widowers and divorcees below 25 years are also not eligible.

Education Qualification:

Flying Branch:
A graduate candidate with minimum 60% marks and must have scored minimum 60%marks in Maths and Physics in 10+2 in 12th standard.
B. Tech/ B.E candidates who have scored minimum 60% marks and have scored 60% marks in maths and physics in 10+2 in 12th standard are also eligible for it.

Ground Duty (Technical):
One must have B. Tech/ B. E Degree in notified streams as mentioned in the official notification of the IAF with minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in Physics and Maths in 10+2 standard are eligible for technical entry.

Ground Duty (Non-Technical):
Administration and Logistics – Graduation degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent
Accounts – B.Com Degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
Education – Post graduate degree (MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation) with minimum 50% marks, along with minimum 60% marks in graduation.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in