2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th June 2015, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

10 Points About Nalanda University

I am planning to join the Nalanda University for my PG degree but before joining I want to know in detail about this University. Can you please tell me 10 good points to join this University and also tell me about placement statistics of this Nalanda University?
Similar Threads
Thread
LSAT Points
Ucas points for MBA in uk
Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science And Technology Cut Off Points
Anna University Chennai Credit Points
Anna University Credit Points For 3rd Semester IT
Credit Points for Anna University
Amrita University Grade Points
SBI CC Points
Chennai Anna University Grade Points
TISS Points
MBA cpd points
Nava Nalanda Mahavihara Nalanda
PNB Bonus Points
MBA UCAS Points
Nalanda International University Nalanda
Canterbury Christ Church University UCAS Points
Anna University Sports Quota Points
Credit Points for Anna University Chennai
Points For CIT Courses
Points for DCU courses
29th February 2016, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: 10 Points About Nalanda University

Hello sir, I am Ramesh Prasad and I am from Patna. I have heard very much about the Nalanda University. I want you to provide me 10 Points About Nalanda University?
29th February 2016, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: 10 Points About Nalanda University

Nalanda University was one of the ancient universities in India.
Nalanda University was an only International University:
It was constructed by Narsimha Deva in the 6th century B.C. and remained the best without any difficulty for over 800 years with around 10,000 students and nearly 2700 faculties who came from all over the world (Korea, Japan, China, Tibet, Indonesia, Greater Iran, Persia, Greece, Mongolia and many more).

It was an earliest seat of learning:
It had ten temples, meditation centres and the greatest library of the world divided into 3 buildings- Ratnasagara, Ratnadadhi and Ratnaranjaka, which not only contained religious documents but had a huge collection of books on literature, astrology, philosophy, science, warfare, history, economics, law, geology, maths, architecture, metallurgy, linguistics, astronomy, medicine and many more.
Chinese travellers are a familiar source and students of Nalanda University

The strength and vastness of the library:
It can be easily understand the strength and vastness of the library of Nalanda University from the fact that it took so many months by the invaders to burn it down completely and the smoke of the burning invaluable books and nearly 9 million documents stayed there for many days.

Demolition of the ancient Nalanda University was a huge loss for the whole world:
In 1193, it was destroyed by the frenzied Bakhtiyar Khilji who declined Buddhism in India and tried his best to uproot Buddhism and burned thousands of monks alive

The university was attacked thrice by the invaders- Huns, Gaudas and Bhaktiyar Khilji.

Well known scholars studied in Nalanda University:
Some of the famous scholars who studied in Nalanda University comprise Harshavardhana, Dharmapal, Vasubandhu, Suvishnu, Dharmakirti, Asanga, Shantarakhsita, Aryadeva, Nagarjuna, Padmasambhava and Xuanzang
There were some sane people to witness the actions of rulers

Nalanda University reopened after 800 years

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in